Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

BNA Apply Configuration to Port Groups with Configuration Wizard

• 1.  BNA Apply Configuration to Port Groups with Configuration Wizard

Posted 03-10-2017 12:45 PM

Has anybody successfully created a port group and used it to enable/disable ports or PoE in their environment?  I've created multiple port groups in multiple versions of BNA and have the same results.  Using the Configuration Wizard to disable/enable ports in a Port Group seem to only have affect on the last port added to the group per device/stack.   Other ports in the group remain unchanged. 

My goal is to define port groups for some PoE devices on my network and schedule a power recycle once/month.  Any other methods to do the same are welcome.

Thanks,

Nick

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity

• 2.  Re: BNA Apply Configuration to Port Groups with Configuration Wizard

Posted 03-23-2017 02:01 PM

Hello @nkorosi

I spoke with a TAC representative regarding your question and this was their response:

"This is a known issue with Brocade Network Advisor (BNA). Using a Configuration Wizard payload to disable ports in a Port Group, BNA only disables the last port added to the port group. This will be addressed in a later BNA release, tentatively targeted for the v14.3.0 release."

We hope this answers your question; if we may further assist you via the Community, please let us know.

Regards,

Denise K.

Brocade Community Team

@DeniseK

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity