Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Re: Cannot modify SNMP v1 settings on Silkworm 3850

• 1.  Re: Cannot modify SNMP v1 settings on Silkworm 3850

Posted 08-22-2013 06:56 AM

Hi,

I've just hit the exact same issue, I'm wondering if you ever found the fix for this?

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity

• 2.  Re: Cannot modify SNMP v1 settings on Silkworm 3850

Posted 08-23-2013 12:44 AM

Have tried to do it via CLI with command snmpconfig --set snmpv1?

• 3.  Re: Cannot modify SNMP v1 settings on Silkworm 3850

Posted 08-23-2013 01:03 AM

Hi

Yes tried via the CLI with that comand and it goes all the way through prompting for the details, at the end where it normally completes there is a long pause then the error message.

This has now failed on all 4 of our 3900 switches, but we have configured the same on several 4100, 4900 switches, so we are confident the commands/process are OK.  Seems to be something specific on the 3900's.   All our code levels are the same 5.3.0a ( I know very back level)  I notice on a previous reply using the agtCfgDefault was mentioned, but there was no response as to if this worked etc.  Not used this command previously but looking at the details it ONLY sets the SNMP config to defaults, so I assume is safe to run on these switches where no config has been set.... without any other impact on the switches/environment?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

• 4.  Re: Cannot modify SNMP v1 settings on Silkworm 3850

Posted 08-23-2013 01:27 AM

Hi,

You can use agtcfgDefault without worries, it is not disruptive to FC traffic. In old FOS releases, agtcfgdefault/agtcfgset/agtcfgshow were the commands used to configure SNMP, nowadays snmpconfig is used instead.

Also a good option would be to upgrade your switchs to the latest supported FOS release, v5.3.2c I thinks is the last one.

Rgds,

Felipon