Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

BNA - Why do I still see hosts/HBAs in the Product List and Topology Map panes even though the hosts have been deleted ?

• 1.  BNA - Why do I still see hosts/HBAs in the Product List and Topology Map panes even though the hosts have been deleted ?

Posted 01-07-2016 03:45 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a number of decommissioned hosts, discovered correctly in BNA ( 12.4.2 ) which I would like to delete from all views.

Although I have "removed" them via:

Discover -> Host Adapters -> Discovered Hosts -> Delete

followed by:

Discover -> Host Adapters -> Previously Discovered Hosts -> Delete

They stubbornly refuse to go away and remain in the Product List and Topology Map panes in my SAN dashboard.

I even rebooted the BNA server, but they're still there.

I believe that I've followed all the documented steps. Please can anybody suggest why this is happening ?

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity

• 2.  Re: BNA - Why do I still see hosts/HBAs in the Product List and Topology Map panes even though the hosts have been deleted ?

Posted 01-07-2016 04:33 AM

Panic over :smileyvery-happy:

I had not disabled "Track Fabric Changes".

Having done so, the missing hosts disappeared.

Not sure yet whether leaving tracking permanently on or off is the wiser option...

• 3.  Re: BNA - Why do I still see hosts/HBAs in the Product List and Topology Map panes even though the hosts have been deleted ?

Posted 01-07-2016 11:40 AM

I think Fabric tracking is a good feature to be kept on. This lets you know on the topology and Device tree if a port has gone done that shouldnt be down.

If its a valid change, you can just select "Accept Changes" and the missing or added ports will not show different indicators.

• 4.  Re: BNA - Why do I still see hosts/HBAs in the Product List and Topology Map panes even though the hosts have been deleted ?

Posted 01-11-2016 09:47 AM

Tracking changes allows you to quickly identlfy both new, and dead devices; it is definitely worth leaving on.  You just accept the changes to clear everything back to a current state.