Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with the new BNA 12.0.2

• 1.  Problem with the new BNA 12.0.2

Posted 06-25-2013 09:02 AM
      |   view attached

After the upgrade 11.1 to 12.0.2

In random time my log are not showing anymore the disconnect message example "A fibre channel port changed its operational state;Port 5 (0/5) changed operational state to offline"

I need to restart the service network advisor to receive again the message "A fibre channel port changed its operational state;Port 5 (0/5) changed operational state to online"

Anyone have the same problem?

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity

• 2.  Re: Problem with the new BNA 12.0.2

Posted 06-26-2013 01:53 AM

Hi,

when an online port goes offline a few traps are sent to the BNA reporting the change os status. If these traps stop being showed by BNA could have a few reasons:

- That the BNA is no longer registered to receive snmp traps. When you experience this, please, check the output of snmpconfig --show in order to see if the server is correctly configured to receive traps.

- That traps are not reaching the BNA server. I personally like wireshark to check if traps are reaching the server.

- That the BNA receives the traps with success but does not process them. I suppose that in your case, this is the most likely scenario. when I have experienced this, I managed to fix it by re-discovering the affected switch modifying some snmp parameter (such as, community, snmp version, etc.).

When you restart the BNA services, the switchs are rediscovered, snmp is re-registered and all the possible causes of the failure are restarted.

Kind regards,

Felipon

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity