Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

BNA 14.2.0 migration fail

• 1.  BNA 14.2.0 migration fail

Posted 04-04-2017 02:08 PM

Hello,

I am attempting to install BNA 14.2.0. I am able to upgrade/migrate from 12.3.4 to 12.4.4, then to 14.0.1 without any issues. When I try to go further with any other versions(14.0.2, 14.0.3, 14.2.0.) the migration fails at the very end and rollsback. 

Has anyone successfully upgraded to 14.2.0? 

Thanks

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity

• 2.  Re: BNA 14.2.0 migration fail

Posted 04-12-2017 08:23 AM

Hi,

are the migration step 14.0.1 to 14.0.2 / 14.0.3 / 14.2.0 which fails - are you able to share any error message or further information?  These steps should work.

• 3.  Re: BNA 14.2.0 migration fail

Posted 04-17-2017 09:44 AM
    Hi Martin, the migration is now completed. The problem was resolved by running a Brocade supplied script the essentially cleared out all the Dashboards widgets and reloaded them. Postgres had a serious issue somwhere in the migration process. According to Support a Defect article (Article Number 000013010) was created per my issue.

Please run the attached script; below is the readme content

This script add the missing dashboard widget details in database.

1. Copy the attached zip file to "

• 4.  Re: BNA 14.2.0 migration fail

Posted 05-30-2017 10:35 AM

Can you provide the link to the Widget_Entry_update?  I don't see it actually attached.  I have the exact same issue.

• 5.  Re: BNA 14.2.0 migration fail

Posted 06-02-2017 11:17 AM

Hello @WKHS-Network

While we still encourage the community to assist with your post, we noticed you have a TAC case open regarding this issue. While engaged and working on a resolution with TAC Support, please continue to communicate directly with your TAC Support rep to avoid any private, customer-specific information from being posted to the Community.

Once your case is closed, if appropriate, we will post the resolution to this thread to help others within the Community; or, if you'd prefer, please come back and post the resolution yourself.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help faciliate your case resolution.

Best Regards,

Denise K.
    Brocade Community Team
    @DeniseK