Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

• 1.  Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

Posted 05-12-2016 07:19 AM

Dear Brocade community,

I just upgraded our BNA server from 12.4.4 to 14.0.1 and for some odd reason, I started receiving Event Action emails for all available categories.

Weird thing is : this feature wasn't active before the upgrade, It didn't get activated by the upgrade procedure, and it's still inactive as of now !

I tried re-activating then de-activating it, stopping the BNA services and restart them, nothing doesn't it. I'm still receiving tens of emails par minute.

Is this normal ? Has anybody else out there experienced the same behavior ?

Best regards.

#BrocadeManagementSoftwareCommunity
    #BNAEVENTACTIONEMAILS

• 2.  Re: Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

Posted 05-12-2016 01:36 PM

What event actions do you have configured under Monitor -> Event Processing -> Event Actions?

• 3.  Re: Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

Posted 05-12-2016 02:07 PM

Dear Lindsay,

Lots of customs Event actions configured there that suits my needs. But it's not those I'm concerned about.

Those that are causing my headackes are under : Server > Users > Edit > Filter > Selected Event Categories and Events to be displayed.

They started pouring spontaneously !?!

Best regards.

• 4.  Re: Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

Posted 05-12-2016 02:57 PM

Has it enabled email alerting for users where it was not previously enabled, or has it reset filters, such that nothing is filtered (and everything gets sent)?

• 5.  Re: Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

Posted 05-12-2016 03:06 PM
    Hello Lindsay,

The later. Although none of the eligible devices or categories are selected, I have started receiving tons of e-mails for every possible event in our Network.

Best regards.

• 6.  Re: Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

Posted 05-12-2016 03:17 PM

Odd. I'd start by enabling some filters, and disabling them (just in case it needs to 'reset' something). I'd also disable email on a per-user basis.

I'd also log a support case for this. They might be able to find the problem in the DB.

• 7.  Re: Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

Posted 05-12-2016 10:09 PM

Hi,

I did try enabling/disabling some filters but no changes.

As for disabling email notifications per user, I can't as we only use one user. I'll open up a case for this.

Best regards.