I'm installing a BNA 14.4.3 on a new Windows server is there a way to export my BNA 14.4.2 settings and configuration files from my old server and import them to BNA 14.3.3 on the new server. If so how or do I need to do a whole new discovery?
however I've never did this kind of task, but you have the possibility based on the Installation and Migration guide.
You just have to makes sure, you have connections between the two servers. You have to share the current directory with the new instance, hence you make the possibility to do the migration, after you have installed the new BNA on the new server. Before that, prepare the following:
Pre-migration requirements when migrating from one server to another•If you are migrating from a pre-12.0.0 release on a 32-bit Windows server to Network Advisor 12.1.0 on a 64-bit Windows server, complete the following steps.
NOTEIf you are migrating from a pre-11.1.X release, you must first migrate to Network Advisor 11.1.X on the 32-bit server (refer to Ta ble 13 on page 34 for the release migration path), then install Network Advisor 11.1.X on the 64-bit server and migrate data using the network path, then migrate to Network Advisor 12.1 on the 64-bit server.
1.Open the Server Management Console from the Start menu on the 32-bit server.
2. Click Stop to stop all services.
3. Using Windows Explorer, browse to the 32-bit Network Advisor directory.
4. Right-click the 32-bit Network Advisor directory and select Sharing and Security.
5.Select the Share this Folder option on the Network Advisor Properties dialog box and click OK.The folder icon changes to the shared folder icon.
6. From the 64-bit server, verify that the 32-bit server shared drive is accessible.
7.Install Network Advisor 11.1.X on the 64-bit server (refer to “Data Migration” on page 33) and migrate your data (“Migrating data” on page 41).
NOTEDuring migration you will need to browse to the shared directory of the 32-bit server on the Copy Data and Settings from previous releases screen.
8. Install Network Advisor 12.1.0 on the 64-bit Windows server (refer to “Data Migration” on page 33) and migrate your data (“Migrating data” on page 41).
I found an other option for this, however never tried it, so make sure you have a backup from the server that you'd like to migrate.
Pre-migration requirements when migrating from one server to another you are migrating from IBM Network Advisor 14.0.0 on a 64-bit Windows server1 to IBM Network Advisor 14.0.2 on a 64-bit Windows server2, complete the following steps
.1. Back up the server for 14.0.0 using Options > Server Backup on the 64-bit Windows server1.
2. Install IBM Network Advisor 14.0.0 on the 64-bit Windows server2.
3. Select SMC > Restore to restore the backup on the 64-bit Windows server.1
4. Install IBM Network Advisor 14.0.2 on the 64-bit Windows server2.Perform seamless migration to IBM Network Advisor 14.0.2 (refer to “Migrating data” on page 48).
You can find the detailed description in Network Advisor Installation and Migration Guide, Chapter 3:Pre-migration requirements when migrating from one server to another.