I presently have two switches (IBM branded 2006-16B) each intheir own fabric that I need to replace with newer models (IBM 2498-24B).
The existing switches do not have the license installed toallow me to ISL and merge the configuration, so my question is what would bethe best way to swap them out and keep the existing zoning etc.?
I was wondering if I could perform the following:-
1. Download a copy of each of the existing switchconfigurations
2. Configure the new switches with IP address, PID’s etc.
3. Download a copy of the new switch config
4. Edit the new switch configuration and paste the zoning config from the old
5. Transfer the fibre cables from new to old and use the same ports number
Would this work?
Yes, that would be a good option. Just a few advices:
Thanks, appreciate your help