Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

BNA questions

• 1.  BNA questions

Posted 03-15-2013 06:25 AM

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a new BNA instance. There are no swithces connected at this time. BNA version 12.0 was installed on redhat and I am using an xclient on my laptop to connect to it. When I login to the application, it gives this message.

Unable to pick the correct client IP address for client-server communication. Hostname will be used to communicate with the client, do you want to continue  "

I click yes and then it authenticates and gives the message saying loading data but that's where it just sits there. I left it there for over 40 minutes but it doesn't move forward so I had to kill it. I am not sure what it's doing there.  First experience with BNA, not sure what to expect here. Any help is appreciated.  One thing I do what to mention  is that the server is using a temp IP address but the hostname in DNS is registered with a different IP address. Not sure if that can be part of the problem.

Thanks

Moeen

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 2.  Re: BNA questions

Posted 03-29-2013 03:24 PM

Moeen

I would definitely suggest to correct the DNS / IP address setup. Based on your post it seems the BNA client is loaded on your laptop already. I would validate your versions of java on the server and client are correct for BNA version 12.

• 3.  Re: BNA questions

Posted 04-01-2013 02:03 PM

Thanks. Here is the setup. The linux server has two interfaces. One is on the mgmt lan where Iogin from. The other is on a private vlan which is 192.168.x.x and that's where the switches are. I reinstalled BNA and this time used the 192.168.x.x address for the server. I now login to the BNA server using the mgmt network via vpn. I start xclient and run dcmclient, put my login/passwd, click ok for banner and then sit and wait while it load data and that doesn't go away. I am not sure what is going on there.

Regards

Moeen

• 4.  Re: BNA questions

Posted 04-09-2013 09:19 AM

Moeen

Have you checked your Java instances on the server and client to make sure they meet the BNA min requirement? Have you been able to progress any further?