Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

What does QoS disable mean in an F-Port in 48000B? What is the impact of this? What should I do?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  What does QoS disable mean in an F-Port in 48000B? What is the impact of this? What should I do?

Posted 04-04-2018 08:46 PM

• 2.  Re: What does QoS disable mean in an F-Port in 48000B? What is the impact of this? What should I do?

Posted 04-04-2018 11:33 PM

Hi,

QoS is Quality of Service. It is default AE (Autoenabled). No Action necessary from my view. No impact on a standard F Port.

TL

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 3.  Re: What does QoS disable mean in an F-Port in 48000B? What is the impact of this? What should I do?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-05-2018 06:16 AM
    First of all, 48000 doesn't fully support QoS, if my memory doesn't cheat me. It only supports QoS on the ISL links, i.e. some transit traffic that originates out of of 48K and also goes elsewhere can be QoS enabled. In order to support this, the ports on the 48K can be configured as QoS capable.
    I bet that the port 11 where you see this message is connected to a switch with the QoS enabled port. On a link up, the remote switch tries to negotiate the extended QoS enabled VCs but 48K refuses and prints this message.
    General ROT (not necessarily related to 48Ks that are in fact beyond End of Life) regarding QoS is:
    - If you use QoS, or you plan to implement it, then enable it.
    - If you don't use and won't use it, disable it to save buffer credits on the ASICs.
    - If you only have latest and powerful platforms that have more than enough buffer credits, then just don't care.
    #BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 4.  Re: What does QoS disable mean in an F-Port in 48000B? What is the impact of this? What should I do?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-05-2018 09:02 AM

• 5.  Re: What does QoS disable mean in an F-Port in 48000B? What is the impact of this? What should I do?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-05-2018 09:04 AM