The issues is that i try to clean-up and consolidate a config on a Brocade FC Switch. on this switch there are no aliases created for the devices. Well, i tried to create an alias for a VMAX2 FE, but if i list a zone where this FE is involved, i don't see the alias, only the wwn. The zone is old and the alias is new:)
Can someone help me with this, what can be wrong?
Wten you configure the zonning, there are some rules and sequences of commands.
For empty effective and defined configurations you must do the following:
1. alicreate "ali_name", "wwpn1; wwpn2; etc" (the most one wwpn for alias)
2. zonecreate "zone_name", "ali1; ali2; etc" (the most one initiator, one target)
3. cfgcreate "cfg_name", "zone1; zone2; etc"
5. cfgenable "cfg_name"
5. execute cfgshow and cfgactvshow, cfgtransshow commands.
For adding a member such as alias, zone etc. on existing configuration do the following:
2. zonecreate "zone_name", "ali1; ali2; etc" OR zoneadd "zone_name", "ali1; ali2; etc"
3. cfgadd "existing_cfg", "zone_name" (if you only create or add aliases to the existing zones skip step 3)
5. cfgenable "existing_cfg"
6. execute cfgshow and cfgactvshow, cfgtransshow commands
in output of cfgactvshow (effective configuration) you always would see only WWPNs in zones.
in output of cfgshow (defined configuration) you can see aliases in zones.
If your old zones created based on wwpns and not aliases you will ever see wwpns in zones.
From the switch configuration, wwpn and alias for wwpn it's different essences.
You create the zone by wwpns:
zonecreate "zone1", "10:00:00:00:00:00:00:01; 10:00:00:00:00:00:00:02"
Then you woul like make aliases and see them into existed zone:
You create the aliases:
alicreate "ali1", "10:00:00:00:00:00:00:01"
alicreate "ali2", "10:00:00:00:00:00:00:02"
After that you must add aliases into zone:
zoneadd "zone1", "ali1; ali2"
From this time you will be see the following:
zoneshow "zone1" and the zone will contain FOUR essences:
10:00:00:00:00:00:00:01; 10:00:00:00:00:00:00:02; ali1; ali2 ....
After adding aliases you can delete wwpns from zone:
zoneremove "zone1", "10:00:00:00:00:00:00:01; 10:00:00:00:00:00:00:02"
Make cfgsave (check the correctness of edited config) and cfgenable commands.
Thank you for the answer.
It is very helpful.
Have a nice day,