Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Does anyone know the percentage of brocade users that have full fabrics as opposed to silo pairs?

• 1.  Does anyone know the percentage of brocade users that have full fabrics as opposed to silo pairs?

Posted 04-14-2016 09:05 AM

Does anyone know the percentage of brocade users that have full fabrics as opposed to silo pairs?

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 2.  Re: Does anyone know the percentage of brocade users that have full fabrics as opposed to silo pairs?

Posted 04-14-2016 09:29 AM

---->>>....of brocade users that have full fabrics as opposed to silo pairs?

what kind of Users, and what for Platforms ?

I don't think such value are of significance in SAN Switches.

• 3.  Re: Does anyone know the percentage of brocade users that have full fabrics as opposed to silo pairs?

Posted 04-14-2016 11:19 AM

This would be FC SAN alot of oracle databases. Reason I ask is just a level set to see what other shops have in place. Currently we have alot of SAN islands, pairs of switches supporting servers and storage / servers and tape.

• 4.  Re: Does anyone know the percentage of brocade users that have full fabrics as opposed to silo pairs?

Posted 04-14-2016 11:46 AM

no sure what you mean with

->alot of oracle databases

->we have alot of SAN islands

I've a costumer with more 200 Oracle DB running and around 500-700 VM, in a total +/- 10PB Data

all distributed across more storage, 20 SAN Switch as Edge, and TWO simple DCX as Core.

how many User ? 100-150K daily ? no idea.