Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 07:52 AM

Hi all

I am looking to connect 2 sites together. Both sites have DCX 8510, with the FX8-24 extension blades installed (FTR_10G and FTR_AE licenses already applied to both) .  I have been looking at just setting up a VEX port on one side and doing LSAN zones to connect the sites together, however alot of reading indicates that the side without the VEX port could be susceptible to WAN link issues, which could negatively affect the fabric on that side, and currently both sites are considered production, so i am not sure if this is the way i want to go

the other option is VF, which i have never configured before, but it looks like it would allow me to isolate the devices required for replication into a logical san, and not have to worry about wan link issues affecting the whole fabric on the VE port side..

Anyone have any recommendations or caveats for using either VF or just going with the VEX setup?

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 2.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 08:11 AM

Hello,

In case that you will connect VEX and VE port, you will have some kind of edge to backbone routing.

With situation that WAN will start flapping, switch side with VE port will be affected.

If you have VF license on both switch it will be better to configure base switch (kind of logical switch) on both switches and connect it together with VE port. These base switches (will act as router) will separate your edge fabric so they will be not affected with WAN.

Than you have to configure EX ports on base switches and connect it with defualt  logical switch with FC cable. In virtual fabrics there is no connection between base switch and default logical swithc so you need to have physical connection here.

• 3.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 08:25 AM

@Marian Bezeg

--->>>If you have VF license on both switch....

VF is a native Features in FOS and enable by default. Not sure why you talk here from "license" ????

• 4.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 10:23 AM

@Antonio Bongiorno

Sorry for that i always forget that you dont need  license for this feature...

• 5.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 08:46 AM

can the base logical switch be configured to include all ports (FC and xGEx) in the slot that the extension blade is in?

IE the extension blade will have the FC connections to the storage only, and the xGEx ports out to the network core.

i think this would provide an EBE topology no?  I dont think i would need an EX port connection seeing that the storage ports will be potentially assigned to the logical base switch

• 6.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 09:51 AM
    Hello,

unfortunately base switch cant have Fport attached, Only E,EX,VE,VEX is supported.

becasue of that you need to have phyiscal loop from EX (base switch) to E port (default logical switch) in same DCX chassis.

Its good idea to have for example replication storage ports in BB fabric, but this is not possible without legacy HW router.

• 7.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 09:53 AM

If you are looking for total isolation in this fabric, then a standard VF should work fine. (IE: Replication traffic is the only traffic that will be present on this VF).

• 8.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 08:20 AM
      |   view attached

check attached guide from page 39.

Attachment(s)

• 9.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 12:34 PM

thanks all

looks like i will have to do ALOT more reading on VF's as it appears there are two ways to use them,  with or without base logical switch.

my goal is to ensure no merging of any fabrics occur, that both sites are isolated from WAN issues,  and only allow the storage ports designated for replication to talk to each other

• 10.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-30-2018 12:46 PM

Hello,

without base switch, the fabric will merge...

If you want to separate replication port...you may do following.

Create FCR routing via base switches.

Create Logical switch with only replication ports.

Connect base switch and logical switch with physical LC-LC cable

Keep remaining DCX ports in default switch (they will dont have access to another edge fabric via WAN)

So from high level:

DCX SITE A:

Default switch (all ports without replication and base switch ports)

Logical switch (Only replicantion port and IFL to/from base switch)

Base switch (Only IFL ports to/from LS and VEX ports to the WAN)

DCX SITE B:

Same as on site A.

• 11.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 12:50 PM

that is what i need to do.

Thanks for clarifying!

i have been reading about 4 different PDF's on configurations, but this sums it up nicely and i think i can figure out the nitty gritty details form here..

• 12.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 12:54 PM

@jmacdonald1

to avoid some confusion, in any case is this the same fabric.....

you ask feew mouth ago about crossport, do you have configured crossport on the same switch ?

if yes, do you have a single or multiple WAN between both side ?

Now is a question, why you want to create VF ?

• 13.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 10-30-2018 01:24 PM

currently nothing at the moment is configured on either side, i am just trying to figure out the best way to configure this all

my initial design was to put all of the storage ports required for replication into a LSAN, and have a VEX port configured on 1 DCX site, however reviewing that, it appears that the non-VEX port site will be prone to WAN issues as described here

There may be cases in which an EBE topology cannot be accommodated; alternatively,
    the main production fabric can be isolated from aberrant WAN behavior, while allowing
    the backup site to remain exposed. This provides a greater degree of availability and less
    risk compared to not using FCR at all. This type of architecture uses VEX_Ports that
    connect to a remote edge fabric. The important point to observe here is that the remote
    edge fabric continues to be connected to the WAN, and the fabric services span the
    WAN all the way to the EX_Port demarcation point. This means that the fabric services
    spanning the WAN are subject to disruption and repeated reconvergence, which can
    result in an outage within the remote edge fabric. This may not be of great concern if the
    remote edge fabric is not being used for production (but merely for backup), since such
    WAN fluctuations are not generally ongoing.

The problem is that the "DR" site is actually a production site also, and if any WAN issues occur that will affect the fabric services on that site, would not be good.

So i got to looking at Virtual Fabrics and logical switches and after doing all the reading and suggestions from here, it looks like if i enable VF on both switches, on each switch create a base logical switch to act as the FCR router, connect the base logical switch to a "storage replication only" logical switch using EX ports, this may be what will give me the best solution for keeping things as isolated as possible.

i guess i could also just enable VF create 1 additional logical switch on each DCX, configure the IPIF and routes under the default logical switch, assign the ports (fc and ve) required to the "replication only" logical switch, create the tunnels and let that small fabric merge, it would not affect the default logical switch, or configure a vex port on one side and maybe even if there is WAN issues that would potentially affect the fabric services on the "DR" side, it would only affect the devices defined in that "replication only" logical switch....

• 14.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-22-2018 12:19 PM

Update on this setup

So we went ahead and configured everything up, and it all worked up until the point that the FX8-24 blade encountered an error, but i have a call open on that issue.  I want to just run what i did here across you all to ensure i did it right

the procedure was done on both DCX switches with exact same parameters except the DID's were set to unique domain ID's

1) VF was already enabled on both switches

2) enable FC routing service - fosconfig --enable fcr on both switches

3) issued lscfg  --create 8 -base  (base switch FID set to 8, DID set to unique#  - on other switch base switch FID set to 8, DID set to unique#

4) issued lscfg --create 16 (logical switch FID set to 16, DID set to unique# - on other switch, base switch FID set to 16, DID set to unique#

5) from FID 128 , issued these 3 commands 1 at a time -  a) lscfg --config 8 -slot 12 -port  b) lscfg --config 8 -slot 12 -port 6   c) lscfg --config 8 -slot 12 -port 22 (this is the VE port to be used) - repeated on other switch

6) set context to FID 8, issued portcfgexport 12/0  and then portcfgexport 12/6  - this set those ports to EX_ports - repeated on other switch

7) from FID 128, issued the following commands 1 at a time a) lscfg --config 16 -slot 12 -port 2-5  b) lscfg --config 16 -slot 12 -port 8-11  - This was to assign the FC ports to the logical switch - 2 of them will be E_ports, but they should register as E_ports once the cable is plugged into them between FID 8 EX_port and FID 16 E_port - repeated on the other swtich

8) set context to FID 128, issued the following  a) portcfg ipif 12/xge1 create

9) still on FID 128 - issued the following  a) portcfg iproute 12/xge1 create

10) issued portcmd --ping against everything, got replies back all the way from both sides

11) issued setcontext 8 to log into the FID 8 base switch

12) issued portcfg fciptunnel 12/12 create -d

13) issued portcfg fcipcircuit 12/12 create 1 -d

After this was done, we brought up everything, and the tunnel came online, everything looked good

14) physically plugged in the ISL's between FID 8 and FID 16 logical switches  - this is were we saw our first issue. When we plugged in the first pair, when switchshow was issued on FID 8, I saw this

96   11    0   1f0000   id    N8       Online      FC  EX-Port  10:00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx "switchname" (fabric id = 34 )(Trunk master)

I am very curious on why the Fabric ID is showing 34... we did not specify 34 for any FID

Same happened on the other switch, but i think the FID was different, but not anything we specified

15) we then tried to plug in the other EX-E pair, and it came up with a FID oversubscription error I think - so we just disabled those ports on each FID for now until i can figure out why that occured - not sure at this moment if there is a configuration error somewhere in the steps above.

16) plugged in our storage ports into the  FID 16 logical switch - they came online - repeated on the other switch

17) created aliases for both the local storage ports and the remote storage ports - repeated on the other switch

18) created LSAN zones to zone the storage to each other - repeated on the other switch with the same LSAN zone names

19) on FID 8 logical switch - issued LSANZONESHOW - S  - that resulted in showing the remote WWPN's as imported - repeated on the other switch

At this point all looked really good, everything was showing as it should be.  On the Storage side we created the FC partnerships and they actually paired up, but then crashed, as the FCIP tunnel dropped. looking at the swtich we saw the error regarding CHIP 1 Restarted.  On the target switch, we lost all of the IPIF and IPROUTEs

opened a support call and they identified a defect with the code level 8.0.2b, and to upgrade to 8.1.0 or 8.2.0

We issued a slotpoweroff 12 and then a slotpoweron 12,  this returned the IPIF and IPROUTES back, and everything came back online, tunnels, circuits, everything...  issued a lsanzoneshow -s from FID 8 base switch, the WWPN's were showing imported.

However, when we tried to partner the storage together again, it partnered for a few minutes, then died, and looking at the storage, the partner systems were no longer showing as candidates.  - no errors on the switches like what we saw before though, and tunnels stayed up.

So i am not sure what is going on now.. i half suspect something in my configuration is wrong, but not sure what

Any ideas?

• 15.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-22-2018 11:52 PM

Hello,

it some time when i've configured FCR last time. But anyway....

Did you configure BACKBONE FABRIC ID ?

Did you specify EDGE FABRIC ID on your EX ports? ( You have to speciffy different Fabric ID on each switch)

• 16.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-23-2018 04:31 AM

the setup is as i wrote out

I did not set a BBFID, as i thought the two logical base swtiches required the same FID to connect. is the BBFID set to be the same as the FID of the base switches (FID 8)? and is it set from FID 8 or FID 128

I think that FCR service will need to be disabled, set BBFID, renable FCR service?

as for the EX_port, I m not sure i follow. when i configurd the EXport, it the command was issued from FID 8 (base switch) and the syntax i used was just portcfgexport slot/port -a 1

was i supposed to enter portcfgexport slot/port -a 1 fidofotherlogicalswitch  - ie 16?  So portcfgexport slot/port -a 1 16, or is the FID supposed to be a unique number other than 8 or 16, which are in use now by the logical switches

• 17.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-23-2018 05:22 AM

Hello, 

from my perspective the configuraiton is not correct.

If you are using FCR routing you are not merging fabrics together. You only allow communication between fabrcis based on LSAN zooning. EX port is only there for FC-NAT translation.

In normal SAN switch (as i know ) there is no posiiblity to change FID (except VF) as you dont need to do that in normaln operations.

You will specify on your EX port which Edge fabric is attached to this port. Each EX_Port should have defined to which edge fabric is it attached. Because of that you had FID confilict. For two EX ports connected to same EX fabric you have to configure same FID.

Its better to configure everything manualy. 

Both base switches should have same BBFID (as i remmember default is 1).

There is thee thing which you need to have in mind for FCR. 

And its Front Domain ID (FDID), Fabric ID (FID) and XLATE domain.

In this case you may have same FID for logical switches but you will specify on EX port the Fabric ID of the edge fabric which needs to be different. So its better to have different FID of logical switches only to have coresponding FID on EX port. You may have it same but on one EX port you have to specify another number,as we are not joining fabric, but we want to achive routing from one edge to another. 

So on SITE A you will have FID 16 so you may define FID 16 on EX port.

On Site B you have FID 16 buy you need to have define another FID on EX port for site B. (as you are want to connect two different fabrics.)

After that you have to specify Front domain ID which will is like projection of your edge fabric behind. (from my perspective like proxy device between router and your edge fabric). In this case i will use differen number as your FID.

Then you have to configure (or it ist configured automatically? really dont know i always do it manualy) xlate domain. From my perspective you will define to router how to connect to another edge fabric.)

So in your case i will change numbers little bit.

BBID= 1 

SITE A

FID 100

FDID 110

SITE B 

FID 200

FDID 210

So command will be 

SITE A router.

portcfgexport (slot/port) -a1 -f 100 -d 110

portcfgexport (slot/port) -a1 -f 100 -d 110

If you will keep your FID then:

portcfgexport (slot/port) -a1 -f 16 -d 160

portcfgexport (slot/port) -a1 -f 16 -d 160

SITE B router.

portcfgexport (slot/port) -a1 -f 200 -d 210

portcfgexport (slot/port) -a1 -f 200 -d 210

If you will keep your FID then there it should be different:

portcfgexport (slot/port) -a1 -f 17 -d 170

portcfgexport (slot/port) -a1 -f 17 -d 170

Then you have to speciffy xlate domain config.

fcrxlateconfig importedFabricID exportedFabricID preferredDomainID

SITE A router

fcrxlateconfig 100 200 210

SITE B router

fcrxlateconfig 200 100 110

To be honest its time ago when i have something with FCR so someone may help you more with this stuff.

The configruation about virtual fabric looks fine 

• 18.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-23-2018 05:44 AM

issued an fcrconfigure --show from FID 8 on both swtiches,, Backbone Fabric ID shows 8 for both, so i think that is ok

when issuing prtcfgexport slot/port,  i see unique edge fabric ID's  on all EX_Ports and (on switch 1, export1 - 34, export2 - 36) on swtich 2 export1 - 39, export2 - 41)  so all FIDs are completely unique across everything save for the base switches, which require the same FID, and the two logical switches used for storage replication.

I am going to dig further and see what else i can find that may be amiss.....

• 19.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-23-2018 05:48 AM

Hello

You cant have different FID on EX port attached to the same fabric. The FID must be the same!.

Because of wronf FID you got FID oversubscription error

BBFID must be same, thats true.

what is the output of lsanzoneshow command ?

• 20.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-23-2018 09:01 AM

sanbase1:FID8:admin> lsanzoneshow -s
    Fabric ID: 34 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io0
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b9:0b  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b9:0b  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:86  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:86  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:82  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:82  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b4:99  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b4:99  Imported
    Fabric ID: 34 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io1
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:75  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:75  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b7:1e  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b7:1e  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:08  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:08  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:af  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:af  Imported
    Fabric ID: 34 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io2
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:65  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:65  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:63  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:63  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:05  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:05  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:1a  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:1a  Imported
    Fabric ID: 34 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io3
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:64  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:64  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:62  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:62  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:19  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:19  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:62  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:62  Imported
    Fabric ID: 39 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io0
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:82  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:82  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b4:99  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b4:99  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b9:0b  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b9:0b  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:86  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:86  Imported
    Fabric ID: 39 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io1
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:08  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:08  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:af  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:af  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:75  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:75  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b7:1e  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b7:1e  Imported
    Fabric ID: 39 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io2
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:05  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:05  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:1a  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:1a  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:65  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:65  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:63  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:63  Imported
    Fabric ID: 39 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io3
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:19  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:19  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:62  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:62  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:64  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:64  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:62  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:62  Imported

sanbase2:FID8:rayw> lsanzoneshow -s
    Fabric ID: 34 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io0
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b9:0b  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b9:0b  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:86  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:86  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:82  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:82  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b4:99  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b4:99  Imported
    Fabric ID: 34 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io1
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:75  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:75  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b7:1e  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b7:1e  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:08  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:08  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:af  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:af  Imported
    Fabric ID: 34 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io2
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:65  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:65  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:63  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:63  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:05  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:05  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:1a  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:1a  Imported
    Fabric ID: 34 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io3
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:64  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:64  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:62  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:62  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:19  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:19  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:62  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:62  Imported
    Fabric ID: 39 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io0
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:82  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:82  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b4:99  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b4:99  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b9:0b  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b9:0b  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:86  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:86  Imported
    Fabric ID: 39 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io1
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:08  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:08  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:af  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:af  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:75  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:75  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:70:b7:1e  Imported
        50:05:07:68:01:80:b7:1e  Imported
    Fabric ID: 39 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io2
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:05  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:05  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:1a  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:1a  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:65  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:65  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:63  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:63  Imported
    Fabric ID: 39 Zone Name: lsan_zone_replication_io3
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:19  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:19  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:62  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:62  EXIST
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:64  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:64  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:53:22:62  Imported
        50:05:07:68:0c:54:22:62  Imported

• 21.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-26-2018 05:32 AM

Hello, 

based on lsan output, everything should work fine.

Do you register any errors/discards on your ports ? 

• 22.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-28-2018 07:30 AM

Something different happening now

So we chagned the FID on one of the logical switches from 16 to 18  -  lscfg --change 16 -newfid 18

it took the change

we reset the EX ports on the base switch - FID 8 to default then did the following

From FID 8 (base switch)  portcfgexport 12/0 -a 1 -f 18  (the FID of the other logical switch with SVC ports and E ports assigned)

issed the same portcfgexport 12/6 -a 1 -f 18

getting a fabricID conflict now on the EXPORT.

my understanding from reading through the post and the guide, when specifying the FID in the command, it needs to be the FID of the other logical swtich, which is now 18?

I may be missing something with that part of the setup.. If i specify portcfgexport 12/0 -a  and no FID, it makes the 1 connection, but the other EXPort will not connect with the fabric oversubscription error.

a note on the FDID and Xlate - reading through that stuff, it will autoassign like FID 160 and 200 without any other config required.

what am i missing here in the EXPORT config setup?

• 23.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-28-2018 11:54 PM

Hello,

to be honest i am little bit confused about your FID of logical switches. The picture will be great.

But anyway, you have to specify EDGE fabric to which is your EX port connected not oposite one.

It doesnt need to be same as FID of logical switch.

So for example..

SWITCH A (FID100)  --- E-Port < > EX  -a1 -f 100) <> BASE ----DWDM ---- (continue in next row)

----DWDM --- BASE <> EX - a 1 -f 200 <> E-Port --- SWITCH B(200 FID)

• 24.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 04:39 AM

i cant seem to attach a file to my reply so try this link to see if you can get to it

https://ws.onehub.com/files/omyxe476

let me know

• 25.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 04:55 AM

Hello,

picture is available.

So for your errors as per admin guide:

The fabric ID must be the same for every router port connected to the same edge fabric, and different for 
    every edge fabric. If two ports are connected to the same fabric but have been assigned different fabric 
    IDs, one of them will be disabled due to a fabric ID oversubscription. If two fabrics have been assigned 
    the same fabric ID, one of them will be disabled due to a fabric ID conflict.

For the first statement: 

Ports are connected to the same fabric but have been assigned different fabric 
    IDs, one of them will be disabled due to a fabric ID oversubscription.

That was your first issue cause it have used different FID for both EX ports.

For second : 

If two fabrics have been assigned 
    the same fabric ID, one of them will be disabled due to a fabric ID conflict.

Please check if there is no any missconfiguration on other side (Site A)

I will disable all EX ports and start with only one BASE switch.

You have to configure on SITE A BASE -f 16 on SITE B Base -f 18 on all EX ports attached to edge.

• 26.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 07:18 AM

Thanks Marian

On Site B, from FID 8, i issued a portcfgdefault to reset the ports back to default

then issued portcfgexport 12/0 -a 1 -f 18

still having issues

i have a call out there with Brocade to see what i am doing wrong...

sanbase1:FID8:> switchshow
    switchName:    sanbase1
    switchType:    120.0
    switchState:    Online   
    switchMode:    Native
    switchRole:    Principal
    switchDomain:    32
    switchId:    fffc20
    switchWwn:    10:00:00:27:f8:ed:4a:01
    zoning:        OFF
    switchBeacon:    OFF
    FC Router:    ON
    HIF Mode:    OFF
    LS Attributes:    [FID: 8, Base Switch: Yes, Default Switch: No, Address Mode 0]

Index Slot Port Address Media  Speed        State    Proto
    ============================================================
     112   12    0   200000   id    N8       In_Sync     FC  Disabled (Fabric ID conflict)
     118   12    6   200100   id    N8       Offline        FC  Disabled (persistent)

124   12   12  20e0c0   --    --          Offline        VE    

Funny thing, the EX to E port connection worked the first time I set this up when I did not specify the -f parameter in the  portcfgexport command   - but the fabric oversubscription occured when doing the second EXportcfg. which I understand now the cause of that.

I understand the concept of what needs to be done, just dont understand why it is not working

Thanks again for all your help!!!! i really appreciate it!

• 27.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 07:39 AM

Hello,

could you please share lscfg --show output ?

is there any info in errdump ?

Please check if the XISL is not enabled.

• 28.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 10:08 AM

here is the output  (still cant find an add attachment icon here...)

https://ws.onehub.com/workspaces/1177590/files/2365478793

there are no XISL's as i made sure to turn that off

ignore anything about the FFDC's  - it is an issue to be resolved with a code update to 8.1.2d

errdump starts at the point i started to configure everything from scratch last monday.

I'll look at doing a SANHealth sometime and see what that shows me too

• 29.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 12:02 PM
    hmm link is not working for me..

• 30.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 12:14 PM

This may be messy

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2018.11.29 13:31:24 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    setcontext 8
    sanbase1:FID8:admin> errdump
    Fabric OS: v8.0.2d

2018/11/20-01:59:18, [ZONE-1034], 3144, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, switch_8, A new zone database file is created.

2018/11/20-01:59:18, [FV-1002], 3145, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, switch_8, Flow Vision Config Replay Completed Successfully.

2018/11/20-01:59:19, [MAPS-1201], 3146, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, switch_8,  MAPS has started monitoring with dflt_conservative_policy policy.

2018/11/20-01:59:32, [FSSM-1002], 3147, SLOT 6 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, HA State is in sync.

2018/11/20-01:59:32, [FSSM-1002], 3148, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, HA State is in sync.

2018/11/20-01:59:42, [PMGR-1001], 3149, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to create switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:00:53, [CONF-1042], 3150, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, switch_8, Fabric Configuration Parameter Domain changed to 32

2018/11/20-02:01:53, [CONF-1043], 3151, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, switch_8, Fabric Configuration Parameter Insistent Domain ID Mode changed to Enabled

2018/11/20-02:02:56, [IPAD-1002], 3152, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Switch name has been successfully changed to sanbase1.

2018/11/20-02:02:56, [LOG-1000], 3153, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Previous message repeated 1 time(s).

2018/11/20-02:03:46, [MFIC-1003], 3154, SLOT 7 FID 8, WARNING, sanbase1, Effective Insistent domain ID for the fabric changed from OFF to ON.

2018/11/20-02:05:08, [FSSM-1002], 3158, SLOT 6 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, HA State is in sync.

2018/11/20-02:05:08, [FSSM-1002], 3159, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, HA State is in sync.

2018/11/20-02:05:18, [PMGR-1001], 3160, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to create switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:15:42, [PMGR-1005], 3166, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:15:59, [PMGR-1005], 3167, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:17:06, [FCR-1071], 3168, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Port 12/0 is changed from non FCR port to FCR port.

2018/11/20-02:17:15, [FCR-1071], 3169, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Port 12/6 is changed from non FCR port to FCR port.

2018/11/20-02:21:02, [PMGR-1005], 3170, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:21:20, [PMGR-1005], 3171, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:27:50, [PMGR-1005], 3172, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:28:20, [PMGR-1005], 3173, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:28:59, [PMGR-1005], 3174, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:29:30, [PMGR-1005], 3175, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:34:55, [PMGR-1005], 3176, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-04:37:46, [PMGR-1005], 3186, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-08:34:13, [XTUN-2006], 3194, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 246 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/20-08:34:14, [XTUN-2007], 3195, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 0 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/20-08:36:59, [XTUN-2002], 3196, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 0 UP.

2018/11/20-08:36:59, [XTUN-2000], 3197, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 UP.

2018/11/20-08:36:59, [XTUN-2004], 3198, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 High-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/20-08:37:00, [XTUN-2004], 3199, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Med-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/20-08:37:01, [XTUN-2004], 3200, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Low-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/20-08:50:31, [XTUN-2007], 3201, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 1 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/20-08:50:35, [XTUN-2002], 3202, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 1 UP.

2018/11/20-08:54:46, [XTUN-2022], 3203, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 MODIFIED (CLI).

2018/11/20-08:54:46, [XTUN-2023], 3204, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 MODATTR (Compr 0->4).

2018/11/20-08:54:46, [XTUN-2001], 3205, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 DOWN (Tunnel Modify).

2018/11/20-08:54:46, [XTUN-2003], 3206, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 1 DOWN (Tunnel Modify).

2018/11/20-08:54:46, [XTUN-2003], 3207, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 0 DOWN (Tunnel Modify).

2018/11/20-08:54:46, [XTUN-2005], 3208, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Low-Pri QoS DOWN (Tunnel Modify).

2018/11/20-08:54:46, [XTUN-2005], 3209, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Med-Pri QoS DOWN (Tunnel Modify).

2018/11/20-08:54:46, [XTUN-2005], 3210, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 High-Pri QoS DOWN (Tunnel Modify).

2018/11/20-08:54:48, [XTUN-2001], 3211, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 DOWN (Compression Mismatch).

2018/11/20-08:54:48, [IPS-1006], 3212, SLOT 7 FID 8, WARNING, sanbase1, Tunnel Configuration Mismatch for slot (12) port(22) tunnel ID(246) reason (Compression; mismatch.).

2018/11/20-08:55:13, [XTUN-2002], 3213, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 0 UP.

2018/11/20-08:55:13, [XTUN-2000], 3214, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 UP.

2018/11/20-08:55:13, [XTUN-2002], 3215, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 1 UP.

2018/11/20-08:55:13, [XTUN-2004], 3216, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 High-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/20-08:55:14, [XTUN-2004], 3217, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Med-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/20-08:55:15, [XTUN-2004], 3218, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Low-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/20-10:01:21, [XTUN-2005], 3219, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Low-Pri QoS DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/20-10:01:21, [XTUN-2005], 3220, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 High-Pri QoS DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/20-10:01:21, [XTUN-2003], 3221, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 1 DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/20-10:01:21, [XTUN-2005], 3222, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Med-Pri QoS DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/20-10:01:21, [XTUN-2003], 3223, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 0 DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/20-10:01:21, [XTUN-2001], 3224, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 DOWN (Network/Remote/Other).

2018/11/20-10:02:03, [XTUN-1997], 3225, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 dp 1 has been triggered.

2018/11/20-10:06:10, [XTUN-2021], 3227, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 1 DELETED (CLI).

2018/11/20-10:06:29, [XTUN-2021], 3228, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 0 DELETED (CLI).

2018/11/20-10:06:29, [XTUN-2020], 3229, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 246 DELETED (CLI).

2018/11/20-10:22:45, [PMGR-1005], 3230, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-10:23:11, [PMGR-1005], 3231, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 128 succeeded.

2018/11/20-10:41:58, [XTUN-2006], 3232, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/20-10:41:58, [XTUN-2007], 3233, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/20-10:42:27, [XTUN-2002], 3234, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 UP.

2018/11/20-10:42:27, [XTUN-2000], 3235, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 UP.

2018/11/20-10:42:27, [XTUN-2004], 3236, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 High-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/20-10:42:28, [XTUN-2004], 3237, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Med-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/20-10:42:29, [XTUN-2004], 3238, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Low-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/20-10:50:34, [XTUN-2007], 3239, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/20-10:50:38, [XTUN-2002], 3240, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 UP.

2018/11/21-03:34:15, [FCR-1065], 3241, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, Fabric on port 12/6 was assigned two different fabric IDs.

2018/11/21-06:20:06, [XTUN-1997], 3265, SLOT 7 FID 8, WARNING, sanbase1, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 dp 2 has been triggered.

2018/11/21-06:21:33, [BL-1058], 3266, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Chip 1 Restarted on BP slot 12

2018/11/21-06:21:33, [RAS-1001], 3267, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, First failure data capture (FFDC) event occurred.

2018/11/21-06:22:25, [TRCE-1001], 3268, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump available (Slot 7)! (reason: FFDC).

2018/11/21-06:22:25, [TRCE-1004], 3269, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump (Slot 7) was not transferred because trace auto-FTP disabled.

2018/11/21-06:23:21, [XTUN-2006], 3270, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/21-06:23:21, [XTUN-2007], 3271, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/21-06:23:21, [XTUN-2007], 3272, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/21-06:59:44, [XTUN-1997], 3274, SLOT 7 FID 8, WARNING, sanbase1, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 dp 2 has been triggered.

2018/11/21-08:48:39, [SS-1001], 3285, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, supportSave's upload operation to remote host has been aborted.

2018/11/21-08:50:47, [SS-1001], 3286, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, supportSave's upload operation to remote host has been aborted.

2018/11/21-09:06:32, [XTUN-1996], 3287, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 DP 1 has been cleared.

2018/11/21-09:06:33, [XTUN-1996], 3288, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 DP 2 has been cleared.

2018/11/21-09:12:59, [SS-1010], 3289, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, CORE/FFDC files have been uploaded to the host with IP address x.x.x.x.

2018/11/21-09:13:04, [SS-1000], 3290, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, supportSave has uploaded support information to the remote host.

2018/11/22-07:28:25, [EM-1069], 3293, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 is being powered off.

2018/11/22-07:38:19, [EM-1070], 3294, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 is being powered on.

2018/11/22-07:39:11, [BM-1002], 3295, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Connection established between CP and blade in slot 12.

2018/11/22-07:43:18, [BL-1017], 3296, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 Initializing...

2018/11/22-07:43:19, [XTUN-2006], 3297, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/22-07:43:19, [XTUN-2007], 3298, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/22-07:43:19, [XTUN-2007], 3299, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/22-07:43:23, [BL-1018], 3300, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 Initialization completed.

2018/11/22-07:56:11, [XTUN-2002], 3302, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 UP.

2018/11/22-07:56:11, [XTUN-2000], 3303, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 UP.

2018/11/22-07:56:11, [XTUN-2002], 3304, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 UP.

2018/11/22-07:56:11, [XTUN-2004], 3305, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 High-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/22-07:56:12, [XTUN-2004], 3306, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Med-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/22-07:56:13, [XTUN-2004], 3307, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Low-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/22-07:59:27, [XTUN-1997], 3308, SLOT 7 FID 8, WARNING, sanbase1, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 dp 2 has been triggered.

2018/11/23-01:21:55, [XTUN-1996], 3312, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 DP 2 has been cleared.

2018/11/23-01:28:17, [SS-1000], 3313, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, supportSave has uploaded support information to the remote host.

2018/11/23-04:47:02, [XTUN-2005], 3317, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Low-Pri QoS DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/23-04:47:02, [XTUN-2003], 3318, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/23-04:47:02, [XTUN-2003], 3319, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/23-04:47:02, [XTUN-2001], 3320, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 DOWN (Network/Remote/Other).

2018/11/23-04:47:02, [XTUN-2005], 3321, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Med-Pri QoS DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/23-04:47:02, [XTUN-2005], 3322, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 High-Pri QoS DOWN (Remote Close).

2018/11/23-04:48:22, [XTUN-2002], 3323, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 UP.

2018/11/23-04:48:22, [XTUN-2000], 3324, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 UP.

2018/11/23-04:48:22, [XTUN-2002], 3325, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 UP.

2018/11/23-04:48:23, [XTUN-2004], 3326, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 High-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/23-04:48:24, [XTUN-2004], 3327, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Med-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/23-04:48:25, [XTUN-2004], 3328, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Low-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/23-05:10:44, [XTUN-1997], 3329, SLOT 7 FID 8, WARNING, sanbase1, FTRACE buffer 1 on slot 12 dp 2 has been triggered.

2018/11/23-05:12:13, [BL-1058], 3330, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Chip 1 Restarted on BP slot 12

2018/11/23-05:12:13, [RAS-1001], 3331, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, First failure data capture (FFDC) event occurred.

2018/11/23-05:12:14, [TRCE-1001], 3332, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump available (Slot 7)! (reason: FFDC).

2018/11/23-05:12:14, [TRCE-1004], 3333, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump (Slot 7) was not transferred because trace auto-FTP disabled.

2018/11/23-05:13:59, [XTUN-2006], 3334, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:14:00, [XTUN-2007], 3335, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:14:00, [XTUN-2007], 3336, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:35:15, [EM-1069], 3339, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 is being powered off.

2018/11/23-05:43:12, [EM-1070], 3340, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 is being powered on.

2018/11/23-05:44:02, [BM-1002], 3341, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Connection established between CP and blade in slot 12.

2018/11/23-05:48:09, [BL-1017], 3342, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 Initializing...

2018/11/23-05:48:09, [XTUN-2006], 3343, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:48:09, [XTUN-2007], 3344, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:48:09, [XTUN-2007], 3345, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:48:13, [BL-1018], 3346, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 Initialization completed.

2018/11/23-05:48:45, [XTUN-2002], 3347, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 UP.

2018/11/23-05:48:45, [XTUN-2000], 3348, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 UP.

2018/11/23-05:48:48, [XTUN-2004], 3349, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 High-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/23-05:48:50, [XTUN-2004], 3350, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Med-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/23-05:48:51, [XTUN-2004], 3351, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Low-Pri QoS UP.

2018/11/23-05:48:51, [XTUN-2002], 3352, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 UP.

2018/11/24-06:08:12, [XTUN-1997], 3353, SLOT 7 FID 8, WARNING, sanbase1, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 dp 2 has been triggered.

2018/11/24-06:09:03, [BL-1058], 3354, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Chip 1 Restarted on BP slot 12

2018/11/24-06:09:03, [RAS-1001], 3355, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, First failure data capture (FFDC) event occurred.

2018/11/24-06:09:05, [TRCE-1001], 3356, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump available (Slot 7)! (reason: FFDC).

2018/11/24-06:09:05, [TRCE-1004], 3357, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump (Slot 7) was not transferred because trace auto-FTP disabled.

2018/11/24-06:10:50, [XTUN-2006], 3358, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/24-06:10:50, [XTUN-2007], 3359, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/24-06:10:52, [XTUN-2007], 3360, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/28-04:20:21, [PMGR-1007], 3363, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to change switch 16 to switch 18 succeeded.

2018/11/28-04:21:09, [FCR-1030], 3364, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:80:b4:99 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:09, [FCR-1030], 3365, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:62 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:09, [FCR-1030], 3366, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:1a came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:09, [FCR-1030], 3367, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:08 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:09, [FCR-1030], 3368, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:82 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:09, [FCR-1030], 3369, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:af came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:09, [FCR-1030], 3370, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:62 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:10, [FCR-1030], 3371, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:62 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:10, [FCR-1030], 3372, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:70:b4:99 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:10, [FCR-1030], 3373, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:af came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:10, [FCR-1030], 3374, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:62 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:10, [FCR-1030], 3375, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:08 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:11, [FCR-1030], 3376, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:70:b4:99 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:11, [FCR-1030], 3377, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:05 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:11, [FCR-1030], 3378, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:82 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:11, [FCR-1030], 3379, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:08 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:12, [FCR-1030], 3380, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:19 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:12, [FCR-1030], 3381, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:05 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:12, [FCR-1030], 3382, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:19 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:12, [FCR-1030], 3383, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:1a came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:12, [FCR-1030], 3384, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:19 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:12, [FCR-1030], 3385, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:82 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:13, [FCR-1030], 3386, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:05 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:13, [FCR-1030], 3387, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:1a came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:21:13, [FCR-1030], 3388, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Physical device 50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:19 came online at fabric 39.

2018/11/28-04:26:25, [FCR-1072], 3389, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Port 12/0 is changed from FCR port to non FCR port.

2018/11/28-04:26:31, [FCR-1072], 3390, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Port 12/6 is changed from FCR port to non FCR port.

2018/11/28-04:43:20, [FCR-1071], 3391, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Port 12/0 is changed from non FCR port to FCR port.

2018/11/28-04:43:26, [FCR-1071], 3392, SLOT 7 FID 8, INFO, sanbase1, Port 12/6 is changed from non FCR port to FCR port.

2018/11/28-04:49:22, [FCR-1066], 3394, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, Fabric on port 12/0 has the same fabric ID as in another fabric switch 10:00:00:27:f8:ed:4a:01.

2018/11/28-06:07:57, [FCR-1066], 3396, SLOT 7 FID 8, ERROR, sanbase1, Fabric on port 12/0 has the same fabric ID as in another fabric switch 10:00:00:27:f8:ed:4a:01.

sanbase1:FID8:admin> setcontext 18
    sanrep1:FID18:admin> errdump
    Fabric OS: v8.0.2d

2018/11/20-01:59:32, [FSSM-1002], 3147, SLOT 6 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, HA State is in sync.

2018/11/20-01:59:32, [FSSM-1002], 3148, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, HA State is in sync.

2018/11/20-01:59:42, [PMGR-1001], 3149, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to create switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:04:53, [ZONE-1034], 3155, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, switch_16, A new zone database file is created.

2018/11/20-02:04:53, [FV-1002], 3156, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, switch_16, Flow Vision Config Replay Completed Successfully.

2018/11/20-02:04:55, [MAPS-1201], 3157, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, switch_16,  MAPS has started monitoring with dflt_conservative_policy policy.

2018/11/20-02:05:08, [FSSM-1002], 3158, SLOT 6 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, HA State is in sync.

2018/11/20-02:05:08, [FSSM-1002], 3159, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, HA State is in sync.

2018/11/20-02:05:18, [PMGR-1001], 3160, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to create switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:08:01, [CONF-1042], 3161, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, switch_16, Fabric Configuration Parameter Domain changed to 42

2018/11/20-02:08:16, [CONF-1043], 3162, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, switch_16, Fabric Configuration Parameter Insistent Domain ID Mode changed to Enabled

2018/11/20-02:09:21, [IPAD-1002], 3163, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Switch name has been successfully changed to sanrep1.

2018/11/20-02:09:22, [LOG-1000], 3164, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Previous message repeated 1 time(s).

2018/11/20-02:10:24, [MFIC-1003], 3165, SLOT 7 FID 16, WARNING, sanrep1, Effective Insistent domain ID for the fabric changed from OFF to ON.

2018/11/20-02:15:42, [PMGR-1005], 3166, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:15:59, [PMGR-1005], 3167, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:21:02, [PMGR-1005], 3170, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:21:20, [PMGR-1005], 3171, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:27:50, [PMGR-1005], 3172, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:28:20, [PMGR-1005], 3173, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:28:59, [PMGR-1005], 3174, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:29:30, [PMGR-1005], 3175, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:34:55, [PMGR-1005], 3176, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-02:40:49, [CONF-1043], 3178, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Fabric Configuration Parameter Allow XISL Use changed to disabled

2018/11/20-02:40:56, [SWCH-1025], 3179, SLOT 7 FID 16, WARNING, sanrep1,  This Logical Switch has ports other than 16 Gbps-capable FC ports. Edge Hold Time for these ports is unchanged and is 220.

2018/11/20-04:37:46, [PMGR-1005], 3186, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 16 succeeded.

2018/11/20-08:34:13, [XTUN-2006], 3194, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 246 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/20-08:34:14, [XTUN-2007], 3195, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 246 Circuit 0 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/20-10:02:03, [XTUN-1997], 3225, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 dp 1 has been triggered.

2018/11/20-10:22:45, [PMGR-1005], 3230, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 8 succeeded.

2018/11/20-10:23:11, [PMGR-1005], 3231, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to move port(s) to switch 128 succeeded.

2018/11/20-10:41:58, [XTUN-2006], 3232, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/20-10:41:58, [XTUN-2007], 3233, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (CLI).

2018/11/21-04:29:11, [ZONE-1015], 3244, SLOT 7 FID 16, WARNING, sanrep1, Not owner of the current transaction 3573.

2018/11/21-04:29:11, [HTTP-1002], 3245, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin completed successfully.

2018/11/21-04:29:11, [HTTP-1003], 3246, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin could not be completed successfully - Another transaction in progress..

2018/11/21-04:35:33, [ZONE-1024], 3247, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, cfgSave completes successfully.

2018/11/21-04:36:09, [ZONE-1022], 3248, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, The effective configuration has changed to config_san1_replication.   

2018/11/21-04:42:23, [HTTP-1002], 3249, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin completed successfully.

2018/11/21-04:42:23, [ZONE-1024], 3250, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, cfgSave completes successfully.

2018/11/21-04:42:23, [HTTP-1002], 3251, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin completed successfully.

2018/11/21-04:42:49, [HTTP-1002], 3252, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin completed successfully.

2018/11/21-04:42:49, [ZONE-1022], 3253, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, The effective configuration has changed to config_sandpiper1_replication.   

2018/11/21-04:42:50, [HTTP-1002], 3254, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin completed successfully.

2018/11/21-05:22:10, [ZONE-1024], 3256, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, cfgSave completes successfully.

2018/11/21-05:22:35, [ZONE-1022], 3257, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, The effective configuration has changed to config_sandpiper1_replication.   

2018/11/21-05:24:33, [HTTP-1002], 3258, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin completed successfully.

2018/11/21-05:24:33, [ZONE-1024], 3259, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, cfgSave completes successfully.

2018/11/21-05:24:33, [HTTP-1002], 3260, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin completed successfully.

2018/11/21-05:25:06, [HTTP-1002], 3261, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin completed successfully.

2018/11/21-05:25:06, [ZONE-1022], 3262, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, The effective configuration has changed to config_sandpiper1_replication.   

2018/11/21-05:25:06, [HTTP-1002], 3263, SLOT 7 FID 16, INFO, sanrep1, Zoning transaction initiated by User: admin, Role: admin completed successfully.

2018/11/21-06:21:33, [BL-1058], 3266, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Chip 1 Restarted on BP slot 12

2018/11/21-06:21:33, [RAS-1001], 3267, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, First failure data capture (FFDC) event occurred.

2018/11/21-06:22:25, [TRCE-1001], 3268, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump available (Slot 7)! (reason: FFDC).

2018/11/21-06:22:25, [TRCE-1004], 3269, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump (Slot 7) was not transferred because trace auto-FTP disabled.

2018/11/21-06:23:21, [XTUN-2006], 3270, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/21-06:23:21, [XTUN-2007], 3271, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/21-06:23:21, [XTUN-2007], 3272, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/21-08:48:39, [SS-1001], 3285, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, supportSave's upload operation to remote host has been aborted.

2018/11/21-08:50:47, [SS-1001], 3286, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, supportSave's upload operation to remote host has been aborted.

2018/11/21-09:06:32, [XTUN-1996], 3287, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 DP 1 has been cleared.

2018/11/21-09:06:33, [XTUN-1996], 3288, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 DP 2 has been cleared.

2018/11/21-09:12:59, [SS-1010], 3289, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, CORE/FFDC files have been uploaded to the host with IP address x.x.x.x.

2018/11/21-09:13:04, [SS-1000], 3290, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, supportSave has uploaded support information to the remote host.

2018/11/22-07:28:25, [EM-1069], 3293, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 is being powered off.

2018/11/22-07:38:19, [EM-1070], 3294, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 is being powered on.

2018/11/22-07:39:11, [BM-1002], 3295, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Connection established between CP and blade in slot 12.

2018/11/22-07:43:18, [BL-1017], 3296, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 Initializing...

2018/11/22-07:43:19, [XTUN-2006], 3297, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/22-07:43:19, [XTUN-2007], 3298, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/22-07:43:19, [XTUN-2007], 3299, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/22-07:43:23, [BL-1018], 3300, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 Initialization completed.

2018/11/23-01:21:55, [XTUN-1996], 3312, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FTRACE buffer 0 on slot 12 DP 2 has been cleared.

2018/11/23-01:28:17, [SS-1000], 3313, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, supportSave has uploaded support information to the remote host.

2018/11/23-05:12:13, [BL-1058], 3330, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Chip 1 Restarted on BP slot 12

2018/11/23-05:12:13, [RAS-1001], 3331, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, First failure data capture (FFDC) event occurred.

2018/11/23-05:12:14, [TRCE-1001], 3332, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump available (Slot 7)! (reason: FFDC).

2018/11/23-05:12:14, [TRCE-1004], 3333, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump (Slot 7) was not transferred because trace auto-FTP disabled.

2018/11/23-05:13:59, [XTUN-2006], 3334, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:14:00, [XTUN-2007], 3335, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:14:00, [XTUN-2007], 3336, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:35:15, [EM-1069], 3339, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 is being powered off.

2018/11/23-05:43:12, [EM-1070], 3340, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 is being powered on.

2018/11/23-05:44:02, [BM-1002], 3341, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Connection established between CP and blade in slot 12.

2018/11/23-05:48:09, [BL-1017], 3342, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 Initializing...

2018/11/23-05:48:09, [XTUN-2006], 3343, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:48:09, [XTUN-2007], 3344, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:48:09, [XTUN-2007], 3345, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/23-05:48:13, [BL-1018], 3346, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Slot 12 Initialization completed.

2018/11/24-06:09:03, [BL-1058], 3354, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Chip 1 Restarted on BP slot 12

2018/11/24-06:09:03, [RAS-1001], 3355, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, First failure data capture (FFDC) event occurred.

2018/11/24-06:09:05, [TRCE-1001], 3356, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump available (Slot 7)! (reason: FFDC).

2018/11/24-06:09:05, [TRCE-1004], 3357, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, WARNING, IBM_2499_816, Trace dump (Slot 7) was not transferred because trace auto-FTP disabled.

2018/11/24-06:10:50, [XTUN-2006], 3358, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 CREATED (API).

2018/11/24-06:10:50, [XTUN-2007], 3359, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 0 CREATED (API).

2018/11/24-06:10:52, [XTUN-2007], 3360, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, FCIP Tunnel 124 Circuit 1 CREATED (API).

2018/11/28-04:20:21, [PMGR-1007], 3363, SLOT 7 CHASSIS, INFO, IBM_2499_816, Attempt to change switch 16 to switch 18 succeeded.

sanrep1:FID18:admin> exit
    logout

login as: admin
    admin@san1's password:
    san1:FID128:admin> setcontext 8
    sanbase1:FID8:admin> switchshow
    switchName:    sanbase1
    switchDomain:    32
    switchId:    fffc20
    switchWwn:    10:00:00:27:f8:ed:4a:01
    zoning:        OFF
    FC Router:    ON
    LS Attributes:    [FID: 8, Base Switch: Yes, Default Switch: No, Address Mode 0]

112   12    0   200000   id    N8       In_Sync     FC  Disabled (Persistent)
     118   12    6   200100   id    N8       No_Light    FC  Disabled (Persistent)
     124   12   12   20e0c0   --    --       Offline     VE  
    sanbase1:FID8:admin> lscfg --show

Created switches FIDs(Domain IDs):  128(ds)(11)  8(bs)(32)  18(42)  
    Slot      1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10    11    12  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Port
     0    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |   8 |
     1    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     2    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     3    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     4    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     5    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     6    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |   8 |
     7    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     8    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     9    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
    10    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
    11    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
    12    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |   8 |
    13    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    14    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    15    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    16    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    17    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    18    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     |  18 | 128 |
    19    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     |  18 | 128 |
    20    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    21    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    22    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    23    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    24    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    25    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    26    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    27    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    28    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    29    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    30    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    31    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    32    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    33    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    34    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    35    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    36    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    37    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    38    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    39    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    40    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    41    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    42    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    43    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    44    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    45    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    46    |  18 |     |  18 |  18 | 128 |     |     | 128 |  18 |     | 128 |     |
    47    | 128 |     |  18 |  18 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    48    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    49    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    50    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    51    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    52    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    53    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    54    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    55    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    56    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    57    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    58    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    59    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    60    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    61    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    62    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    63    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |

sanbase1:FID8:admin> fcrfabricshow
    FC Router WWN: 10:00:00:27:f8:ed:4a:01, Dom ID:  32,
    Info: 10.154.153.1, "sanbase1"
       EX_Port     FID    Neighbor Switch Info (enet IP, WWN, name)
       ------------------------------------------------------------------------
          N/A

sanrep1:FID18:admin> switchshow
    switchName:    sanrep1
    switchDomain:    42
    switchId:    fffc2a
    switchWwn:    10:00:00:27:f8:ed:4a:02
    zoning:        ON (config_san1_replication)
    FC Router:    OFF
    Allow XISL Use:    OFF
    LS Attributes:    [FID: 18, Base Switch: No, Default Switch: No, Address Mode 0]

270    1   46   2abc40   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:af
     302    3   46   2ab440   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:82
     303    3   47   2ab400   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:01:80:b8:08
     318    4   46   2ab040   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:1a
     319    4   47   2ab000   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:62
     334    9   46   2aac40   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:01:80:b4:99
     226   11   18   2ac740   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:05
     227   11   19   2ac700   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:0c:34:8e:19
     113   12    1   2ae380   id    N8       No_Light    FC  
     114   12    2   2ae340   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:af
     115   12    3   2ae300   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:01:70:b4:99
     116   12    4   2ae2c0   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:08
     117   12    5   2ae280   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:01:70:b8:82
     119   12    7   2ae200   id    N8       No_Light    FC  Disabled (Persistent)
     120   12    8   2ae1c0   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:62
     121   12    9   2ae180   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:1a
     122   12   10   2ae140   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:19
     123   12   11   2ae100   id    N8       Online      FC  F-Port  50:05:07:68:0c:33:8e:05
    sanrep1:FID18:admin>lscfg --show

Created switches FIDs(Domain IDs):  128(ds)(11)  8(bs)(32)  18(42)  
    Slot      1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10    11    12  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Port
     0    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |   8 |
     1    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     2    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     3    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     4    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     5    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     6    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |   8 |
     7    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     8    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
     9    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
    10    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
    11    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |  18 |
    12    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |   8 |
    13    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    14    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    15    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    16    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    17    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    18    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     |  18 | 128 |
    19    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     |  18 | 128 |
    20    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    21    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    22    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    23    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    24    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    25    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    26    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    27    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    28    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    29    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    30    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    31    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 | 128 |
    32    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    33    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    34    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    35    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    36    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    37    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    38    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    39    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    40    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    41    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    42    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    43    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    44    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    45    | 128 |     | 128 | 128 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    46    |  18 |     |  18 |  18 | 128 |     |     | 128 |  18 |     | 128 |     |
    47    | 128 |     |  18 |  18 | 128 |     |     | 128 | 128 |     | 128 |     |
    48    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    49    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    50    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    51    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    52    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    53    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    54    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    55    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    56    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    57    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    58    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    59    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    60    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    61    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    62    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |
    63    |     |     |     |     | 128 |     |     | 128 |     |     |     |     |

sanrep1:FID18:admin> iflshow
    No IFL found

sanrep1:FID18:admin> setcontext 8
    sanbase1:FID8:admin> iflshow
    No IFL found

• 31.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 12:44 PM

Are you attempting to route within the same chassis?

If so: 

If the logical switch is on the same chassis, the EX_PortFID (the FID assigned by the routing service to the edge fabric) must be set to a different value than the FID of the logical switch to which it is connecting.

Also:

When VF is enabled on the FC router, the backbone fabric and Virtual Fabric base switch share the same FID.

Is FID 8 also the BackBone FID?

• 32.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 01:26 PM

yes

DCX_SiteA - contains default FID128, Base switch FID 8, and edge switch FID 16

DCX_SiteB - contains default FID128, Base switch FID 8, and edge switch FID 18

Storage devices plug into ports on FID 16 on DCX_SiteA - an ISL from FID 16 to FID 8(ex_port)  - plan was to have 2 EX to E ports

Storage devices plug into ports on FID 18 on DCX_SiteB - an ISL from FID 16 to FID 8(ex_port)  - plan was to have 2 EX to E ports

LSAN zoning done on both edge switches

this output is from both Base logical switches -

setcontext 8

sanbase1:FID8:admin>fcrconfigure --show
    Backbone fabric ID: 8
    Shortest IFL feature is disabled.
    No fabric id alias configured.

setcontext 8
    sanbase2:FID8:admin> fcrconfigure --show
    Backbone fabric ID: 8
    Shortest IFL feature is disabled.
    No fabric id alias configured.

• 33.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?
    Best Answer

Posted 11-29-2018 01:30 PM
    Hello,

as has been advice above try to configure EX port with FID 160 for logical switch 16 for both EX port on site A and same for Site B with 180..

• 34.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 12-03-2018 09:08 AM

I just want to give an update on this

We performed an switch upgrade on the weekend to 8.1.2d which resolved our defects where the extension blades causes a panic, and we configured our EX Ports with unique fids  (116 for site A, 118 for Site B)

everything came up, lsanzoneshow showed imported wwpns and the svc's partnered together and stayed up.

I want to thank Marian for all of the assistance here and the others that helped out. I really appreciate it!!!

thanks again!

• 35.  Re: FCIP configuration - to use VF or not ?

Posted 11-29-2018 07:48 AM

You might consider running a SAN Health report including all switches and VFs. Sometimes, this will give a clue as to what may be wrong.