Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated

• 1.  Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated

Posted 09-22-2013 01:50 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade firmware in IBM branded FC switch (FC5022 24-port 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch) from version 7.0.0_pha3 to version 7.0.0_pha4. I cannot finish this as every time I get the error message:

Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated.

I tried to disable firmware signature checking but on this switch it's not possible and the message is displayed:

Signature validation cannot be disabled in SIOM.

I'm sure that the firmware package is valid as the installation succeeded on second switch.

How can I install this new firmware in such case? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Regards

Lukasz Chomin

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 2.  Re: Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated

Posted 09-25-2013 01:50 AM

Hi,

check with command configurechassis if Enforce signature validation for firmware is enabled, if so, disable it and try the upgrade again.

switch:admin> configurechassis

Configure...

cfgload attributes (yes, y, no, n): y

Enforce secure config Upload/Download (yes, y, no, n):

Enforce signature validation for firmware (yes, y, no, n):

Add Suffix to the uploaded file name (yes, y, no, n):

Custom attributes (yes, y, no, n):

system attributes (yes, y, no, n):

Kind regards,

Felipon

• 3.  Re: Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated

Posted 09-25-2013 11:48 AM

Hi,

Thanks for this command but unfortunately I cannot set this setting to no. I get an error message:

Signature validation cannot be disabled in SIOM.

Is there any other way to disable this validation or reset keys (certificates)?

Kind regards,

Lukasz

• 4.  Re: Firmwaredownload failed because the signature for the firmware could not be validated

Posted 09-28-2013 01:26 PM

buff, sorry but I don't know. Maybe a good option would be to open a case with the vendor.