Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

How to query zoning configuration via SMI Agent?

• 1.  How to query zoning configuration via SMI Agent?

Posted 02-05-2014 04:39 AM

Hello,

can anybody give me a hint on how to retrieve the active zoning configuration via the SMI-S agent? I've checked the BNA SMI Agent Developer's Guide but did not find any useful information for CIM novices.

What I've done so far is something like

wbemcli ei -noverify -nl -dx 'https://user:password@agenthost:5989/root/brocade1:Brocade_Zone'

and

wbemcli ei -noverify -nl -dx 'https://user:password@agenthost:5989/root/brocade1:Brocade_ZoneAlias'

but this doesn't give me all wanted information. E.g., ZoneAlias doesn't show the alias' WWPN and Zone doesn't show the actual zone members.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Stephan

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 2.  Re: How to query zoning configuration via SMI Agent?

Posted 02-05-2014 05:41 AM

How you want to query or collect the Zoning Information trough the SMI ?

Keep in mind, SMI have the functions to work as Agent, and no mainly to figures out like as Management Software.

• 3.  Re: How to query zoning configuration via SMI Agent?

Posted 02-05-2014 06:14 AM

Hi,

for my understanding, the SMI-S Agent acts as standard interface between (my) management application and the SAN fabrics and as such provides basic methods for information retrieval and configuration. For testing, I'm using a command line CIM client from the SBLIM project, and for my application a Perl implementation of the DSP0200 standard.

I was already able to collect most relevant information through the agent (SAN topology, logged-in initiators, etc.) but don't get zone config retrieval to work.

Best regards,

Stephan