Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

what is the best practise for a DCX-4S fillword settings regarding the internal ports?

• 1.  what is the best practise for a DCX-4S fillword settings regarding the internal ports?

Posted 11-21-2013 01:20 AM

Hello,

I was wondering what the best practise is for the following:

I have a Brocade Switch DCX-4S.
    I was wondering what the best settings are for the internal ports of the DCX.
    The current setting is : 8GB and fillword 3

Please can you advise ?

With regards,

Henrico Lebbink

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 2.  Re: what is the best practise for a DCX-4S fillword settings regarding the internal ports?

Posted 11-21-2013 06:06 AM

hi Henrico,

I'm curious what do you mean by "internal ports of the DCX"?

And if this is really the backend ports between port and core blades, then how do you see the current settings?

Thanks

Alexey

• 3.  Re: what is the best practise for a DCX-4S fillword settings regarding the internal ports?

Posted 11-25-2013 09:03 AM

In general mode 3 is advised for the user ports, I don't think its any different with the backend ports.

I also don't believe those backend port setting should be different unless told so by support and trust the setting made by Brocade.

• 4.  Re: what is the best practise for a DCX-4S fillword settings regarding the internal ports?

Posted 11-28-2013 05:01 AM

I am also curious about what you mean by "internal ports"...

• 5.  Re: what is the best practise for a DCX-4S fillword settings regarding the internal ports?

Posted 01-01-2014 08:54 PM

These are all hard-coded. Nothing to configure here.