Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

May I know what is the release age for OS 8.1.2a and if we have an estimate how many are using it?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  May I know what is the release age for OS 8.1.2a and if we have an estimate how many are using it?

Posted 04-01-2019 11:51 PM

Question1:

May I know what is the release age for OS 8.1.2a and if we have an estimate how many are using it?

Question2:

is 8.1.2a is proven fix for defect FCIP tunneling on OS 7.4.x issue for bug 000637863 ?

BR,

Siegfred

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 2.  Re: May I know what is the release age for OS 8.1.2a and if we have an estimate how many are using it?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-02-2019 02:40 AM
    Both kind of questions would be usually answered in the release notes (except "how many")

• 3.  Re: May I know what is the release age for OS 8.1.2a and if we have an estimate how many are using it?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-02-2019 03:17 AM

Hello,

as per release notes.

FOS release November 17, 2017

Defect is closed by 8.1.2 with workaround.

Defect ID: DEFECT000637863
    Technical Severity: High Probability: Medium
    Product: Brocade Fabric OS Technology Group: Extension
    Reported In Release: FOS7.4.1 Technology: FCIP - Fibre Channel over IP
    Symptom: BR7840 or SX6 Extension Tunnel stopped passing traffic causing extended sequences to timeout.
    Condition: When one the tunnel is defined with either deflate or aggressive deflate mode for either FC or IP
    extension traffic, there are conditions that can lead to the compression engines stalling (causing the IO
    timeouts).
    Workaround: Disable deflate or aggressive deflate compression on the tunnel for all protocols (or enable fastdeflate mode for the FC traffic flows and have no compression on the IP Extension flows).