Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

setcontext command in a perl script.

• 1.  setcontext command in a perl script.

Posted 10-11-2015 12:18 PM

Hello,

I need to to get information out of the logical switches by way of a perl script, I am using the module "Perl::SSH2" and I am able to login to the switch but a setcontext command is not working. I there anybody that can help me with this? Thank you very much in advance.

regards Allevatore.

#storagenetworking
    #san
    #BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity
    #fibrechannel

• 2.  Re: setcontext command in a perl script.

Posted 10-11-2015 02:21 PM

Without your script I don't know why it's failing, but could you workaround the usage of setcontext by catching the required information via fosexec?

• 3.  Re: setcontext command in a perl script.

Posted 10-11-2015 10:30 PM

Thanks for the fast awnser Sebastian,

I tried the fosexec command like fosexec --fid 3 -cmd "portstatsshow  1/17" but this commands works only if you are logged into the logical switch.

With the Perl script (ssh2) I am able to log into the default switch, but I am not able to do a setcontext to an other logical switch. So I am open for ideas.

• 4.  Re: setcontext command in a perl script.

Posted 10-12-2015 02:42 AM

Finaly I noticed what was wrong on the command: There is a space to much between portstatsshow and the blade/port number and for the fosexec command that is a problem, directly on the logical switch the extra space is not a problem.

So we can use the fosexec command to run all kind of commands on the logical switches, but I am still open for ideas on the Perl/ssh2 script with the setcontext command.

• 5.  Re: setcontext command in a perl script.

Posted 01-05-2016 12:59 AM

thank you very much for the command hint. i was almost searching for a way to had stdin to use setcontext in my plink script until i noticed this option fosexec --fid 119 -cmd "porterrshow"

:smileyhappy:

• 6.  Re: setcontext command in a perl script.

Posted 02-25-2016 07:51 AM

I have the same issue with setcontext and Net:: SSH2, my perl script is as follows:

----
    my $ssh2 = Net::SSH2->new();                                                             # setup new connection.
    $ssh2->connect($swip);

$ssh2->auth_password($user,$pass);

my $channel = $ssh2->channel();                                                         # create a ssh channel

my $sshrc = $channel->exec($cmd);                                                    # run command on the box
    $channel->read($buf1, BUFLEN);                                                        # read the output and put it in $buf1

print "The output from the command: $cmd\n";
    print "\$sshrc=$sshrc  (1=OK  0=NOK)\n";
    print "$buf1";

$channel->close();                                                                                # close the channel

$ssh2->disconnect();                                                                            # Close the connection

----

==> if I do this:
    my $cmd   = "\"setcontext 8\";switchname";

The output from the command: "setcontext 8";switchname
    $sshrc=1  (1=OK  0=NOK)
    myphysicalswitchname

==> So it gives me the name of the physical switch (FID 128), but NOT the name of mylogicalswitch8 (FID 8)
    which I expected after the setcontext 8 command

==> and if I do this:
    my $cmd   = "fosexec --fid 8 -cmd \"echo y|cfgenable MyFabricX0\"";

The output from the command: fosexec --fid 8 -cmd "echo y|cfgenable MyFabricX0"
    $sshrc=1  (1=OK  0=NOK)

---------------------------------------------------

"echo" on FID 8:

Failed to execute the command on logical switch with FID 8

==> So the fosexec doesn't work because the echo is not recognised.

How can I issue a cfgenable (including the required ‘yes’) against a logical switch in a Virtual Fabric ? because setcontext does not seem to arrive at the logical switch and fosexec does not accept the echo command.

Any help would be appreciated.

#setcontext
    #perl
    #SSH2
    #fosexec