Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Is Fabric watch license necessary for getting info CPU / memory utilization for the switch?

• 1.  Is Fabric watch license necessary for getting info CPU / memory utilization for the switch?

Posted 05-27-2015 03:04 AM

i am Using Solarwinds NPM / NCM to monitor my Network. i have around 70 Broacade switches. i am polling the switch for CPU and Memory Utilization. around 50% of switches did not respond to OID. and getting error as unsupported OID.

i found that the switch which does not respond do not have Fiber watch License.

Switch details: Model No: HP B-series 8/24c BladeSystem SAN SwitchBrocade SilkWorm Switch ver
    OID details :    1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1.26.1 cpu used / 1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1.26.6 Memory used

Is Fabric watch license necessary for getting info CPU / memory utilization for the switch?

#fabrric
    #fabric
    #BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 2.  Re: Is Fabric watch license necessary for getting info CPU / memory utilization for the switch?

Posted 05-27-2015 04:36 PM

First check your FOS code level on each of these switches and make sure that you have loaded the MIBs associated with that level. In 99% of cases this is the problem.

• 3.  Re: Is Fabric watch license necessary for getting info CPU / memory utilization for the switch?

Posted 05-29-2015 07:59 AM

Hi,

I think you're right.

For my switches, the only that responds at the OID query have theses licenses :

• Extended Fabric
    • Fabric Watch
    • Performance Monitor
    • Trunking
    • Adaptive Networking
    • Server Application Optimization

$ snmpwalk  -v1 -c public   -m ALL 

(nothing returned)

$ snmpwalk  -v1 -c public   -m ALL