Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

• 1.  What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Posted 05-10-2013 06:04 AM

Hi Everybody,

Which command is used to know the fabric name and list of virtual fabric in dcx?

I can't see the fabric name in the fabricshow command.It lists all the switches in the fabric.

Thanks in advance

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity

• 2.  Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Posted 05-10-2013 09:02 AM

• 3.  Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Posted 05-10-2013 02:13 PM

"switchshow" will display the fabric name if one is configured. See sample output below:

switch_25:FID7:admin> switchshow

switchName: switch_25

switchType: 66.1

switchState: Online

switchMode: Native

switchRole: Principal

switchDomain: 30

switchId: fffc1e

switchWwn: 10:00:00:05:1e:82:3c:2c

zoning: OFF

switchBeacon: OFF

FC Router: OFF

Fabric Name: MktFab7

• 4.  Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Posted 05-13-2013 09:45 PM

Hi Bill,

I tried this command also before, but not getting the fabric Name. I think fabric name has not been given in my case at the time of initial configuration.

Thanks..

• 5.  Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Posted 05-13-2013 07:08 AM

Hi sushant.beura,

in the default switch perform: configshow -all | grep 'Fabric ID'. You will see all virtual switches fabric ID.

Then perform: configshow -all | grep fabric.name. You will see alld Fabric Names.

When you will have a connection from Frabic ID to the Fabric Name:

Perform for each Fabric ID found with the first command: configshow -fid # | grep fabric.name, where # is the Fabric ID.

Regards

Ralf

• 6.  Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Posted 05-13-2013 09:54 PM

Hi Ralf,

I am able to get all the FID with configshow command but fabricname was not there. i think it is not given at the time configuration.

I have a question here. I can see the fabric names in DCFM for all switches. Is the fabric name in DCFM applicable to switch or we need to give a fabric name in switch end also.

Thanks..

• 7.  Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Posted 05-14-2013 01:18 AM

Hi,

you will see the fabricname in the configshow output only if you have configured it with the command fabriname.

Otherwise aou wuill see nothing.

Regards

Ralf

• 8.  Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Posted 05-14-2013 10:51 AM

fabric name is common across all the switches in a given fabric. i guess this would be one time thing and not needed  to update on each switches we add in the fabirc.. any corrections

• 9.  Re: What is the command to know the fabric name and virtual fabric list in DCX switch

Posted 05-14-2013 01:18 PM

Using the fabricname --set command without a fabric name takes the existing fabric name and
    synchronizes it across the entire fabric. An error message displays if no name is configured.