The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Group messages by subject (threading)

Posted Jun 28, 2019 08:27 AM
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to group the search results into threads? It is very hard to sift through the results with all threads broken down into individual messages.

Best regards,

------------------------------
    Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 2.  RE: Group messages by subject (threading)

Posted Jun 28, 2019 10:48 AM
    Hi Marcelo - That would not appear to be an option at this time. Regards, Chris

Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Group messages by subject (threading)

Posted Jul 17, 2019 02:28 AM
    Hi Chris,

Is it by any chance in the roadmap?
    I am really impressed that other people have been able to make use of the community content. I was a fervent user of the platform when it was hosted in CA, but now I just cannot use it. It is literally a waste of time and effort.

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 4.  RE: Group messages by subject (threading)

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 17, 2019 08:28 AM
    @Marcelo Zacchi  I have been working closely with the vendor to add in features and functionality.  Last week, the vendor rolled out changes to how to reply to a post which was confusing. Our current CSE is in Washington, DC highlighting our list to the vendors c-suite.  I expected positive feedback and the 6 month road map I will share within the water cooler.

On Monday, I submitted 4 pages of requirements ranging from Critical to Nice to have to the vendor as product enhancements.  The platform is evolving with the feedback generated by users like yourself.  

Change is hard - especially hard on Communities.  Migrations are only successfully when our engaged user base works with the Community leadership to get through these challenges by working together.

The water cooler is a place to have frank conversations good or bad to force us to evolve.

Let's keep this dialog open and list out what you see as high level issues that are impeding your ability to be effective.

Thank you for your patience and feedback.

Jason McClellan
    Broadcom Community Platform Owner, IT
    ​​​

Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT

• 5.  RE: Group messages by subject (threading)

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 17, 2019 08:35 AM
    Dan - thanks for the feedback.  Cheers ~jm