The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Asking About Customer Ideation

Posted Sep 17, 2020 09:49 AM
    Hi.

Previously i'm submitted a case at Broadcom Support Portal for Privileges Access Manager (PAM)
    the case is about asking whether it is possible to Enable Drive Redirection feature for RDP Application
    because there is a necessity for user who access RDP Application to download Query Result, Importing Script, Export Log File, etc.
    my customer has a policy to restrict direct access to Jumphost and user is not allowed to save file/upload file to Jumphost Local Drive/storage cause it would effect performance.

the support suggested me to submit a product enhancement requests to have this feature introduced to the product.
    and link me this URL (https://community.broadcom.com/ideation).

then here's the problem
    i submit a request and i doesn't see it status after i submitted it
    even after filtering it down to "Symantec Privileges Access Manager" + "Most Recently Added"
    and i even tried submit 5 request with different Subject and it's all same.

so is there any proper way or possible way to request Product Enhancement?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Ramadhani.

• 2.  RE: Asking About Customer Ideation

Community Manager
    Posted Sep 17, 2020 09:52 AM
    @Muhammad Ramadhani  - I checked and there is a idea category called "Symantec Privileged Access Management"  this is where you can submit your enhancement request.    The idea category Symantec Privileges Access Manager does not exist.      Thanks  Jason

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 3.  RE: Asking About Customer Ideation

Posted Sep 17, 2020 11:07 PM
    Hello @Jason McClellan,

Yes i mean "Symantec Privileged Access Management"
    when i go to "Add" then the "Submit Idea" popup, I've input my idea and select the category for "Symantec Privileged Access Management" and submit it
    after around 2 weeks i want to see it's status in the Ideation filter "Symantec Privileged Access Management" and my idea is not listed.
    does the moderation queue really takes that much time?

thank you for replying my question

Regards,
    Ramadhani.

• 4.  RE: Asking About Customer Ideation

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 03, 2020 10:22 PM
    Edited by Jason McClellan Oct 04, 2020 02:01 PM
    @Muhammad Ramadhani   I just checked your profile for contributions and see these two posts in the Water Cooler.  I do not see any Ideas posted from your account.  I did test the idea posting system and posted a new test idea under Symantec Privileged Access Management.  @A L Johnson -   If you post your enhancement request to this thread I can post it when testing your account.   Jason

​​

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 5.  RE: Asking About Customer Ideation

Posted Oct 06, 2020 03:10 AM
    Hi Jason,

here's my enhancement request

Title : Enabling Drive Redirection/Drive Mapping Feature for RDP Application Service

Description:

Requesting an enhancement in CA PAM RDP Application access to allow end user map local resources (drives etc) when access RDP application Services through CA PAM, so that end user is able to save data to his/her local drive during the RDP Application Services.

1. RDP Application Services will be used by DB user which will accessing Database of Important Application
    2. They have a necessity to saving Query Result, Import Script, Exporting Log File, etc.
    3. They can't save it on PAM Jumphost local drives and were prohibited to access PAM Jumphost Directly
    4. The Temporary workaround to used SMB share drive is not secure, even windows has mention it many times that SMB protocol is not secure and has been abused by ransomware attack
    5. customer has a concern about the effort to manage the SMB share drive takes a lot of effort to manage folder permission for 50≥ department with hundred users, housekeeping for junk files, etc.
    6. And It would also add more step in a daily process of user activity that accessing DB.
    7. Customer want a Permanent Solution for this.
    8. By the Windows RemoteApp feature itself it is possible to mapping the local drives, but if we access it from PAM through RDP Application services it's either restricted or being limited
    9. If this function is restricted/limited from PAM could you help us Request a custom enhancement to add/enable this function in our PAM

thank you.

Regards,
    Ramadhani.

• 6.  RE: Asking About Customer Ideation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2020 02:06 PM
    Hi Jason,
    Thank you for replying.
    I also tried submitted the post under ideation but it also didn't seem to work.
    Any way, this is what Ramadhani wants.

Title : Enabling Drive Redirection/Drive Mapping Feature for RDP Application Service

Description:
    Requesting an enhancement in CA PAM RDP Application access to allow end user map local resources (drives etc) when access RDP application through CA PAM, so that end user is able to save data to his/her local drive during the RDP Application Session.
    1. This RDP Application will be used by DB user which will accessing Database of Important Application
    2. They have a necessity to saving Query Result, Import Script, Exporting Log File, etc.
    3. They can't save it on PAM Jumphost local drives and were prohibited to access PAM Jumphost Directly
    4. The Temporary workaround to used SMB share drive is not secure, even windows has mention it many times that SMB protocol is not secure and has been abused by ransomware attack
    5. customer has a concern about the effort to manage the SMB share drive takes a lot of effort to manage folder permission for 50≥ departement with hundred users, housekeeping for junk files, etc.
    6. And It would also add more step in a daily process of user activity that accessing DB.

• 7.  RE: Asking About Customer Ideation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2020 02:06 PM
    this is the ideation:

Description:
    Requesting an enhancement in CA PAM RDP Application access to allow end user map local resources (drives etc) when access RDP application through CA PAM, so that end user is able to save data to his/her local drive during the RDP Application Session.
    1. This RDP Application will be used by DB user which will accessing Database of Important Application
    5. customer has a concern about the effort to manage the SMB share drive takes a lot of effort to manage folder permission for 50≥ departement with hundred users, housekeeping for junk files, etc.

• 8.  RE: Asking About Customer Ideation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2020 12:49 PM
    Hi Jason,

I tried to reply to the water cooler and don't see my reply.
    I also tried to raised ideation once more on customer's behalf but don't see it.

this is the ideation we are trying to raise

Description: