The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Gamifiaction

Posted Oct 21, 2019 04:16 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Oct 21, 2019 04:24 AM
    Gamification - using some of the elements of games to encourage user engagement - is not a new concept, and has been employed by social networks for years. The old Jive CA community site employed this concept very well.

The Higher Logic-based Broadcom communities site clearly has some capabilities along these lines, but these seem more like a proof of concept than a working feature.

For example, I can see some stats about what points and achievements I have earned, but no indication of how these were earned or what is required.

Here, I can see that I’ve achieved “1 of 23” achievements. Clicking on the progress bar just goes back to the user’s profile page. There is no way to see the remaining achievements or to list the requirements of each one.

There’s also no list of individual events, and no leader board listing top contributors.

Jive makes everything transparent and discoverable, so this is yet another area where Higher Logic represents a step backward.

Am I overlooking something?

• 2.  RE: Gamifiaction

Posted Oct 21, 2019 05:10 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Oct 21, 2019 05:10 AM
    You already know this, but ​I bemoan this lack of Gamification as well.

I am Steam level 42 (of course, it had to be 42) and have a bootload of achivements there, yet I have zero Broadcom achivements. And this while I have easily given better quality replies on Broadcom software here than I have ever given in the Battlefield 3 chat (or anything else on Steam really ...).

No fair :)

• 3.  RE: Gamifiaction

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 31, 2019 11:59 AM
    @Michael A. Lowry & @Carsten Schmitz -   I can tell you from experience migrating one Community platform to another and keeping PBL (Points Badges and Leader boards) intact is extremely tough mainly in party platforms treat points differently.    If both used say Bunchball which is a standard 3rd party tool it would be easy but most do not.   In the case of the CA migration, we were dealing with two platforms Jive and Lithium into Higher Logic.   It was an impossible task.  Just ask one of my Super Users @Antonio Bongiorno who has been on the Brocade Community for 15 years.   The Lithium side of the points did not mesh well so if you look at the PBL you may not see him but he should be at the top.

That being said, we are not done trying to rectify the points issue.  We are working on a new program that will set up the new "Advocates"   final name is not set up yet to accurately showcase all of you SuperUsers out there. ​​​​ I will be posting an update to the Community Enhancements, Road map Items - Ongoing in the Water Cooler

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT
    ------------------------------