The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  FAQ: Points in the Broadcom Communities

Community Manager
    Posted Aug 13, 2019 11:58 AM

There have been some questions and posts about how points work here in the new Broadcom Communities. To help you understand how they work and how you can earn them, we've put together this quick FAQ. 

Where to find my points?

Your community points can be found in two different places, a community's Most Active Members and on your profile. If you are on a community's Most Active Member Leaderboard, you will see the number of points you have received for engagement in that specific community. This does not mean those are all the points you have accumulated.

To see your total points, go to your profile, the My Contributions tab, and the Summary section. In this area, you will see your point total, along with a breakdown of how you received those points.

What are the different types of points?

There are three types of community points you can receive: engagement, contribution, and reputation. When you go to your points on your profile, you will see how many of each type of points you have.

• "Engagement" points: are awarded for all your activities. Contribution points, reputation points and all other points awarded are counted underneath engagement points.
    • "Contribution" points: are awarded when you create new content
    • "Reputation" points: are awarded when your content is recommended, liked, or marked as best answer

How do you get more points?

You can get more points from doing a myriad of different things within our community. Posting discussions, joining communities and responding to other's questions are great ways to earn more points.

------------------------------
    Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 2.  RE: FAQ: Points in the Broadcom Communities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2019 10:29 PM
    Thanks @Lenn Thompson for the explanation.
    With regard to the "Most Active Members" list on a specific community and the engagement points total listed for them.
    It seems that the engagement points total shown under "Most Active Members" is only from some specific recent timeframe and is not cumulative since the Community was started or even since the Communities migration i.e. I see people rolling on and off that list but they only ever have a small number of points listed.
    Is that correct?
    Thanks
    Lynn

Senior Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    Australia