The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  How to get a select list of Ideation entries?

Posted Jul 20, 2020 02:49 PM

I do not seem to be able to get a list of 'ideas' on a specific topic.  As and example, I click on the Ideation tab and I am taken to the Ideation screen. I type MFA in the search box and get this screen.
    Ideation

It shows a list of four items about MFA. If I hit enter at this point, I get the top & highlighted entry "IBM MFA 1.2 Support".

If instead I click on the Apply Filter button, I get a small window with three dots that goes away. I then have the same list that was originally displayed.

I have tried this with Chrome, Firefox and Edge with the same results. How do I get a list of entries about MFA?

• 2.  RE: How to get a select list of Ideation entries?

Posted Jul 21, 2020 03:05 AM
    +1.

I had made a thread about the Ideation search being broken in these and other ways as well. Thus far, no suitable remedy though.

• 3.  RE: How to get a select list of Ideation entries?

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 30, 2020 08:59 AM
    @Joe Kimberly  - As I mentioned in one of the other posts on ideation there is a larger shift coming on the vendor's roadmap where ideas will be moved to the product community level.    I have at least three tickets open to fix either bugs or filter issues with ideation.  My guess is no effort is being put into small bug fixes when they are reworking the entire system. ​

The intent is to align the ideas to the actual product community next to discussions, blogs, and libraries to essentially cut out filtering because the idea is already aligned.    This should alleviate most of the issues I am tracking with ideation.   See the mock screenshot.    

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 4.  RE: How to get a select list of Ideation entries?

Posted Jul 31, 2020 03:00 PM
    Thank you Jason.  I will wait for the replacement.

• 5.  RE: How to get a select list of Ideation entries?

Posted Jul 31, 2020 04:34 PM
    Hey Joe - I stumbled upon a way to do this. It's easily broken so you have to follow the steps exactly.
    Go to the Search at top of page
    enter MFA
    Hit your Enter key (don't click on the search icon because you won't get the ideation filter for some reason)
    You should get the below where you can see all the ideas for MFA in the Categories section

Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 6.  RE: How to get a select list of Ideation entries?

Posted Aug 02, 2020 12:41 PM
    Chris,
    That worked.  Thank you for figuring that out and letting me know.

Joe