The Water Cooler

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

• 1.  Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 12, 2020 11:30 AM
    I'm getting getting emails about the Clarity webcasts and invites to join Clarity communities.  I have my emails settings turned on for this.  I'm getting the notifications within the Broadcom site but no emails.  What am I missing?

Garrett

• 2.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 12, 2020 12:55 PM
    Hi Garrett - It appears you had the PPM Clarity community emails setup as Daily Digest. I changed yours to Real Time as below. You can change back if you wish at any time. If you still don't get emails you'll need to check internally to make sure they aren't going to spam folder. The bottom image shows that they went out to you without block. Hopefully this helps.

• 3.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 12, 2020 02:37 PM
    I don't want a real time from the communities.  That fills up my inbox.  I get the Daily Digest in an email.  However I don't get the emails about joining  community or Webinars.  I checked my settings with Jon Seeger.  He has the same exact setting however he gets individuals emails for community invites and webinars.

• 4.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 12, 2020 02:40 PM
    For example, you just sent me 2 invites to communities.  I did not get an email for either.  I checked with security and nothing from @broadcom.com is getting blocked. I don't have anything in my spam either.​

Garrett

• 5.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 12, 2020 03:12 PM
    I checked your email settings and all look correct. The system shows it sending you all the emails mentioned. I don't have any other ideas from this end. Any other ideas @Jason McClellan?​

------------------------------
    Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 6.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 12, 2020 03:47 PM
    @Jason McClellan noted that the community emails come from @connectedcommunity.org. You might want to check that address with your security team. That's the only other thing we can think of. ​​

Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 7.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 13, 2020 08:36 AM
    ​Thanks Chris.  I'll let you know what I find out.

• 8.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:22 AM
    Hi Chris,

The issue was @connectedcommunity.org was being blocked.  As soon as it was unblocked I got the emails from earlier in the week from the User Group invites, replies to this post, webcast emails and updates. All stuff that I had not been getting since the switch to this broadcom site.  I was personally getting frustrated with the site because of it.  Something to think about.  I bet I'm not the only one missing out on these types of emails.  Maybe there's a way to change it to be from a @broadcom.com email​.

• 9.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:26 AM
    The mail exchanger for @connectedcommunity.org is ​one for Amazon AWS.

I made a thread a while ago about many companies, including mine, blocking sites in the cloud from access. This, then, might well appear to be another +1?

Br,

• 10.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Community Manager
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:45 AM
    @Carsten Schmitz -  yes not a fan of sending emails not using or own domain.   We have asked the vendor for support to allow all emails to come rom @broadcom.com and allow us to include their info in our SPF and DKIM records.   I'll follow-up with the team and post and update to my living document  Community Enhancements, Road map Items - Ongoing   ​

Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT

• 11.  RE: Not getting emails for Webcasts and to join communities

Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:52 AM
    Thanks for your response Jason.

At the very least, an email should be communicated from Broadcom informing users in the communities to make sure that @connectedcommunity.org is not being blocked.  I would hope that could help alleviate the issues I was having for some other customers.