The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Search a specific forum

Posted Jul 09, 2020 09:55 AM
    Is there any way to search a specific forum? This used to be so straightforward and easy in Jive, but I can find no way in Higher Logic.

• 2.  RE: Search a specific forum

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 11:48 AM
    The new targeted search feature is being tested and will be rolled out in a few weeks.  I will announce the updates on this working document in the water cooler - Community Enhancements, Road map Items - Ongoing

DRAFT Design Mock

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 3.  RE: Search a specific forum

Posted Jul 10, 2020 02:43 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Jul 10, 2020 02:43 AM
    OK. I hope the search field will also be available at the top of the list of discussions, and that the general search function will have an option to limit the search by community.

• 4.  RE: Search a specific forum

Posted Jul 15, 2020 05:07 AM
    Frankly, the whole search needs replacing first.

I just tried to find something. It did:

• not find the thread with the keyword
    • find countless other threads with variations of the keyword
    • when I added "SCHMITZ" to the search terms, that did nothing
    • when I added "AND SCHMITZ" to the search terms, it auto-generated some kind of advanced search, where it had a form at the left side of the screen and it had "author" check boxes, where "Carsten Schmitz" was pre-selected, and then one more check box for some Indian guy whose name had no relation to the search terms
    • when I unchecked the checkbox next to my name, it automatically re-checked it like some passive aggressive AI
    • I ultimately found the thread by searching in my Outlook inbox for it

This was about two minutes with the search and it seems like it tries to be some kind of AI-enabled thing that generates a search form from the search terms, but fails absolutely miserably (and this was 20 minutes after discovering that the ideation search is broken also, I made a thread for that, too).

This all needs a reboot imho.

• 5.  RE: Search a specific forum

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 15, 2020 03:54 PM
    Thanks @Michael A. Lowry and @Carsten Schmitz - your feedback is appreciated and noted.   The new search feature control will be rolled out to product communities and groups in a few weeks.   ~jm​​

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT