The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Broadcom site logon and verification codes

Posted Apr 17, 2020 06:57 AM
    Was unable to find the SUPPORT PORTAL as a category in IDEAs, so posting this here.

Seems like each day I need to get a new validation code when I logon to the Broadcom Site.  This seems to be too frequent, especially since the validation code is sent via email and could take up to 5 or so minutes to get the email.  At the very least, allow a mobile phone to be used and send a text which is pretty instant.
    Not sure if others are experiencing this same issue.  I believe in periodic validation - this is good, but each day, and via email, this is not very productive.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Broadcom site logon and verification codes

Posted Apr 17, 2020 07:01 AM
    I just joined the water cooler and see that this topic  was already being addressed in below subject .   Hopefully it will be resolved soon:

Two factor authentification settings

• 3.  RE: Broadcom site logon and verification codes

Community Manager
    Posted Apr 17, 2020 10:55 AM
    @SAL COSTANZO  - Yes, Ideas are currently reserved for products since there are so many.   Please post ideas for the platform either in the water cooler or directly on my roadmap document located here As we release new functionality either suggested by the Community Team or End Users like yourself I post them here.   Thx ~jm

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 4.  RE: Broadcom site logon and verification codes

Posted Apr 20, 2020 08:21 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Apr 20, 2020 08:22 AM
    Hi.

While ​you are not neccesarily wrong, there have already been several threads about this. Please utilize the search, these threads contain much more background and further details surrounding this.

(edit: sorry, I see that you already found it).

Also, to add to the subject of harming productivity with these very forums, we need to change our password now periodically. There's been a thread about this as well, but to my knowledge I have yet to receive any response to my feedback on that.

Best regards.

These contain very good advise on asking questions and describing supposed bugs (no, you do not need to go to StackExchange for Automic questions, but yes, the parts on asking detailed, useful questions ARE usually relevant):

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

I will not respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums.