The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Again with the cloud domains!

Posted Apr 21, 2020 07:47 AM
    Hi.

I have made this point before, but apparently to no avail :(

Broadcom: Posting important notices on box.com instead of your own domain is neither professional looking, nor useful!

My company and several others BLOCK box.com and many cloud storage sites as a precaution against trojan payloads, and there is NO discussing with the IT leadership about this. Why would you need a third party cloud storage service for a bit of text ???

Current offender: https://broadcom.box.com/v/password-policy-change

Featured in a big box when logging in to your support site.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Again with the cloud domains!

Community Manager
    Posted Jun 06, 2020 11:39 PM
    @Carsten Schmitz -   I can tell you at times the fastest way to get content out is to load it on a public box folder.  That said, as you mentioned banks, dot gov and other customers have strict rules blocking visiting such sites.  I've sent an internal note to who I think might have posted that file.  Most large Enteprise companies struggle with content and SOR centering on one platform.   No one is 100%.

In Support we do not use box.  Our internal notices are all posted on https://support.broadcom.com under the division notices.  For instance, security notices go here on the internal portal - Enterprise Software​ Security Notices    ~jm

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 3.  RE: Again with the cloud domains!

Community Manager
    Posted Jun 08, 2020 06:18 PM
    @Carsten Schmitz   I did share your feedback with the internal teams and they all agreed to not share on cloud domains like box due to security controls that many of our customers and external users restrict. ​   As I mentioned, our support teams share internally on portal.broadcom.com and support.broadcom.com.   The goal is to deliver content through these systems.   If you see another box.com external pdf download as you flagged before please send it my way.   We strive to do better each day.   Thank you.  ~jm

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 4.  RE: Again with the cloud domains!

Posted Jun 09, 2020 05:26 AM
    @Jason McClellan thanks!​​