The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Broadcom Tech Docs is the new CA DocOps!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2019 07:41 AM
    As part of Broadcom's acquisition of CA Technologies, all CA product documentation available on docops.ca.com is moving to a new customer documentation platform  -- TechDocs.Broadcom.com.
    You can view doc content anonymously or login with your Broadcom Login seamlessly, and you will find the same features with which you were familiar on docops in the new site, but with a different look and feel.  Bookmark it as your new home page for all CA Mainframe Product Documentation.
    The new doc platform remains a work-in-progress: over 100 Mainframe products are available on it today, while the remainder of products you select will redirect you to DocOps until they are available on the new platform. Additional features such as commenting and enhanced on-demand PDF will be coming in the next months. 
    We appreciate your patience as we continue to move to the new product documentation platform and continually enhance it for you, our customers. 

• 2.  RE: Broadcom Tech Docs is the new CA DocOps!

Posted Aug 07, 2019 03:57 AM
    I'd like to share some initial feedback on the Broadcom Tech Docs site.

The tile view is not very useful.
    Names are truncated. Descriptions are truncated. The arrangement of tiles has no bearing on content. A list view organized hierarchically by category and without truncations would be much more usable.

• 3.  RE: Broadcom Tech Docs is the new CA DocOps!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2019 05:33 AM
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for providing the feedback. We were trying to preserve the original look and feel that we had on DocOps when migrating to the new platform. The idea behind tiles is they are supposed to take you to the relevant information based on the tasks that you want to perform. I think that in this particular example some of the names and descriptions of the tiles are too long and the truncation would not happen if the names and descriptions were short and relevant.

------------------------------
    Supervisor of Technical Materials
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Broadcom Tech Docs is the new CA DocOps!

Posted Aug 10, 2019 03:03 AM
    My problem is viewing wide content  and the Contents - Home options missing which might help.

No problem by itself, but when the content is wide I only see part of the content and that is not the latest releases and do not have any way to get that into the view

While in CA Docops I can see the whole content even with the menu displayed

• 5.  RE: Broadcom Tech Docs is the new CA DocOps!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2019 05:15 AM
    Hi Martti,

Thank you for the feedback. This is a known issue. At the bottom of the table there is a scroll bar that you can use to bring the required columns/items into the view. Please see the screenshot:

Hope you find that helpful.

Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Broadcom Tech Docs is the new CA DocOps!

Posted Aug 10, 2019 05:27 AM
    Thank you for your response. Good to hear it is already known. Doubtful if the scrollbar will help that much as the line and column headings are not there

What functionality and which version would that yes relate to?

• 7.  RE: Broadcom Tech Docs is the new CA DocOps!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2019 04:46 AM
    Hi Martti,

Yes, I agree with you. In a table this long it is very difficult to find out which feature and release the yes relates to and the scrollbar certainly does not make the experience better. We will discuss this with the platform UX team.

Thank you.

Broadcom

• 8.  RE: Broadcom Tech Docs is the new CA DocOps!

Posted Aug 13, 2019 12:47 PM
    Besides all of the visibility issues described previously, I did not see a drop down to select previous versions as you would see in the docops pages.

CA Directory Documentation

Enrique Torres
    Sr. Principal Architect
    Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies

• 9.  RE: Broadcom Tech Docs is the new CA DocOps!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 09:14 AM
    Hi Enrique,

The content migration is still in progress. For CA Directory, we are yet to migrate the remaining versions. Once that is completed, you will see the drop down list just like docops. 

Thanks,
    Shashi