The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Response gone

Posted May 12, 2020 09:09 AM
    Dear Broadcom.

You recently moved this post:

https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1195&MessageKey=7ab52670-d08c-47e7-a22e-2b69df2827a2&CommunityKey=f92efc9f-0875-4c00-ad19-f20b3185f059&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3df92efc9f-0875-4c00-ad19-f20b3185f059%26tab%3ddigestviewer

from ​the Automic Workload Automation forum to the Water Cooler forum.

In doing so, it would appear you eliminated my response to that posting by @Frank Muffke without any trace. I'm puzzled: Was my response against any Terms of Service, and if so, could you kindly explain why? Fwiw, I haven't received any messages or emails about any possible violations connected to that thread.

Thank you and kind regards.

• 2.  RE: Response gone

Posted May 12, 2020 09:28 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz May 12, 2020 10:04 AM
    (obsolete)

• 3.  RE: Response gone

Posted May 12, 2020 10:01 AM
    Oh nevermind, we solved this. These are the findings of some digging around and direct messaging:

• HigherLogic encourages people to cross post
    • OP cross posted to Automic and Water Cooler Forum
    • HL does NOT unify these posts! It merely clones or copies the post, keeping track of separate responses for each of the cross-posted threads, and sends out links to copy #1 and/or copy #2 in emails​ depending on subscription settings. This is probably an Internet-first.

Encouraging cross-posts which are very seemingly not linked to the same responses is probably an Internet first. If people use this, meaningful discussion will immediately segregate into separate threads, duplicating efforts and causing confusion. This is the most (self censored) implementation of a cross posting mechanism as of yet.

Best regards.

• 4.  RE: Response gone

Community Manager
    Posted May 14, 2020 05:00 PM
    I am not a fan of cross-posting unless all posts refer back to a single entry not duplicate, triplicate, or more posts.  Nuff said.

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 5.  RE: Response gone

Posted May 15, 2020 04:21 PM
    I completely AGREE     (sorry for the small post but it had to be said, small things can sometimes make a large impact)

RenateLynn Edwards
    Workload Automation Administrator CA7/CA11/CA1
    Security Service Federal Credit Union
    Texas