The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Community Threads - feature to allow OP to change Focus - Discussion to Question?

Posted Mar 16, 2021 09:50 AM
    Edited by J W Mar 16, 2021 09:59 AM
    Originally posted in CA Service Management.

When creating new threads one must select whether the focus is to be a Discussion or Question.

I see that I can't go back to my posts before this feature was made available and set the focus.  Is this a feature that is planned?  I didn't see a blog on this when I tried a search.
    If not, I will post this as an Idea once I have a chance to review the NEW Idea Status Definitions!

Broadcom Community Ideas Program: Status Definitions

J.W.

------------------------------
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED

• 2.  RE: Community Threads - feature to allow OP to change Focus - Discussion to Question?

Community Manager
    Posted Mar 17, 2021 12:53 PM
    @J W -   The new feature for QA as an option other than a general discussion is about 2 months out of GA.   The vendor has been working on various enhancement items from general usage to reporting.

Question:  Your comment is around being able to change a past post from a general forum discussion message to a QA post correct?​

From what I see about how the new QA asset is created this may not be an option.   Part of the generation of the Question than following Answers fit into a specific format very similar to a general discussion but there are differences behind the scenes.   This is just my take - I will ask the vendor.

If you post this idea in ideas please use 1 Community Platform Water Cooler.

Thanks for the feedback.  ~jm

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 3.  RE: Community Threads - feature to allow OP to change Focus - Discussion to Question?

Posted Mar 18, 2021 11:06 AM
    @Jason McClellan

Thanks.  That is what I was asking.  Please let us know what the vendor says and I will add an Idea​ based on their reply. 

J.W.

• 4.  RE: Community Threads - feature to allow OP to change Focus - Discussion to Question?

Posted Apr 29, 2021 10:36 AM
    I've added a new Idea:

Allow OP to change past thread's thread type from Discussion to QA

J.W.