The Water Cooler

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

We can not login to the support portal.

• 1.  We can not login to the support portal.

Posted Feb 10, 2020 08:40 AM
    ​Hi.

I already eloborated about this a bit in the other thread, but that was when I still thought maybe this is temporary. Now I'm going to make my own thread.

We can't login to the support portal anymore. All we get for literally hours is this:

It never stops spinning. Tried various browsers. My direct colleague has the exact same issue, so once again all account holders in the company are unable to access the support pages and respond to open tickets.

I notice that other people have the same issue too, e.g. in another thread someone asks the community instead of the support and then says in closing:

"I would post this to support, but wolkenservicedesk.com has been "authenticating the user" for the past 20 minutes."

Please kindly fix your system, thanks!

Best regards,

• 2.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Community Manager
    Posted Feb 10, 2020 01:12 PM
    @Carsten Schmitz

I opened a ticket internally to see if there is a widespread issue to combine tickets.   

To clarify: you posted 4 hours ago so I logged as issue started at 8:00 am CST from EMEA (Germany?)​ using Opera (Browser) and your email is the same one used for the support portal.   When they trace the issue the more info I can provide the better.

Thanks

Jason

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT

• 3.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Posted Feb 11, 2020 05:27 AM
    ​Hi @Jason McClellan,

much appreciated.

Yes, Germany and Opera (and IE11) is correct.

The latest: This morning, as of two hours ago, I was able to login, but I had to login twice (like @Michael A. Lowry). ​​F​ive minutes ago I was still able to login, but https://support.broadcom.com took about a minute to come up.

Cheers,
    Carsten

• 4.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Community Manager
    Posted Feb 11, 2020 08:54 PM
    @Carsten Schmitz   I've been on calls and emails with the Okta team today.   They are not reporting any issues as far as login is concerned.   I am still chasing down the double login issue.  I believe I have it isolated to the login cookie is not being passed from support.broadcom.com to community.broadcom.com.  Working with the Dev team to fix that issue.

The okta team sent over their uptime screen.   Apologies for the delays - have you been able to login?

Thank you
    Jason

• 5.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Posted Feb 12, 2020 04:22 AM
    Hi @Jason McClellan,

As previously reported, it worked yesterday (albeit with a double login) for my colleague and me.

As of right now (i.e. 10:20am CET)​ the spinner icon is endlessly spinning once more and both me and my colleague are again unable to login at all.

Cheers,
    Carsten

• 6.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Posted Feb 13, 2020 09:17 AM
    Actually the login works for me but since yesterday I need an OKTA app for the MFA...

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 7.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Posted Feb 13, 2020 09:56 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Feb 13, 2020 09:59 AM
    ​Hey Tim,

what exactly do you mean by needing an OKTA app? Like a mobile phone app?

For me it's currently 2FA with email for the communities (now says 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes), and the support login was broken last time I checked.

Update: After some reloads over an endlessly spinning icon directly on support.broadcom.com, I am currently logged into the ticket system.

Thx

These contain very good advise on asking questions and describing supposed bugs (no, you do not need to go to StackExchange for Automic questions, but yes, the parts on asking detailed, useful questions ARE usually relevant):

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

I will not respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums.

• 8.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Community Manager
    Posted Feb 13, 2020 10:33 AM
    @Carsten Schmitz  -  The Okta App works like the Symantec VIP or other 2FA App where you can authenticate over text, email, or using the Apps rotating codes.   Broadcom only allows external users or customers to validate over email based on the way licenses and access to accounts are setup.

For Example:  if you work for X company with an email of jason@xcompany.com and login you can see all licenses based on your email are tied to XCompany siteID.   Then next week, you leave and go to work for YCompany and no longer have access to your old email from XCompany - it secures XCompanys account locking out users.    You have to create a new account under jason@ycompany.com which would associate to y Company siteID.      If we allowed validation of text or the app it would circumvent the process.   Hopefully, that answers the question. ​

Thank you
    Jason

• 9.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Posted Feb 14, 2020 12:26 AM
    Hi Jason,

as I wrote yesterday, when I accessed support.broadcom.com as an external user (even if I sometimes feel more like an Automic employee), after logging in with user and password, I received a request to authenticate myself via SMS or OKTA Verify ( @Carsten Schmitz: That's the name of the mobile phone application).

This morning, when I logged in here in the community, I had to authenticate by e-mail again.​

Hopefully, that answers the question.

Tim

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 10.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Posted Feb 12, 2020 09:21 AM
    ​I am also having major signon problems with the Okta part of it and need somone to cal me directly for technical support. 605-212-2757. I keep getting responses for me to sign into the website to resolve...but that is my issue..I can't.

• 11.  RE: We can not login to the support portal.

Community Manager
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:54 AM
    @randy.ulmer   please call support -  ​+1-800-225-5224  -  When a company calls me asking me to authenticate, I refuse and tell them I will call them back.   Once you are in the system - two way calls are fine.   It's a security privacy issue.  Thx

Thank you
    Jason