The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Sorting by Area Column on list_cnt form

Posted Jun 27, 2019 02:45 PM
    I am not able to sort my Incident ticket list (list_cnt)  by the "Area" column, whereas I am able to sort by other columns - priority, status, etc ... see attached image (list column visual).

My list_cnt file contains the following code where the data (category.sym) matches for all sections (list column, search filter and edit-in-list)

start edit-in-list section
    listEditField("priority");
    listEditField("category.sym"); 
    listEditField("status");
    ===================================================================================================
    start list column section
    <PDM_MACRO name=lsCol hdr="Priority" attr=priority>
    <PDM_MACRO name=lsCol hdr="Category" attr=category.sym sort="DESC" width=300>
    <PDM_MACRO name=lsCol hdr="Status" attr=status width=100>
    ===================================================================================================
    start search filter section
    <PDM_MACRO name=sfDropdown hdr="Priority" attr=priority factory=pri>
    <PDM_MACRO name=sfHier hdr="Category" attr="category.sym" factory=pcat_in>
    <PDM_MACRO name=sfDropdown hdr="Status" attr=status factory=crs_in>

Scenario 1 - see attached image
    all 3 sections say attr=category.sym
    I can make changes using the edit-in-list function but I can NOT sort on the Area column
    I can start typing an area and the drop down list appears with all active areas

Scenario 2 - see attached image
    both list column and search filter sections say attr=category
    edit-in=list section says attr=category.sym
    I can NOT make changes using the edit-in-list function (it shows ?category?  false) but I can sort on the Area column

Scenario 3 - see attached image
    all 3 sections say attr=category
    I can make changes using the edit-in-list function and I can sort on the Area list however I can NOT see the areas in the drop down list when I start to type an area name.
    If I was to click on the + next to category instead of just starting to type an area, I would only see the list of ones which are set for self-service. I need to be able to see all of our active areas.

Is there something I am missing in the list_in file for the edit-in-list drop down?

thank you

------------------------------
    System Technologist
    Sheetz Inc

• 2.  RE: Sorting by Area Column on list_cnt form
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2019 06:39 PM
    Hi @Katherine Hainley,
    I see you also posted your question under the "Clarity Service Management" Community:  https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=bcc969e9-184e-4840-b462-9f625583f711&CommunityKey=e2cd3188-49bc-4f38-88f1-74260f56fa66&tab=digestviewer#bmbcc969e9-184e-4840-b462-9f625583f711
    Did you accidentally also post it here in the Water Cooler?
    Thanks,
    Lynn

Senior Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    Australia

• 3.  RE: Sorting by Area Column on list_cnt form

Posted Jun 28, 2019 09:15 AM
    Lynn,

Sorry about that, yes I must have selected both areas when posting the question.

System Technologist
    Sheetz Inc