The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Product notification emails

Posted Sep 04, 2020 07:30 AM
    Since about 3 months (May 2020), the product update notifications sent by Broadcom no longer include any real content, only a link to the online version of the notification. Previously this text was all included in the email notification itself. The old product notifications were much easier for us as users because we had the content right in our mailbox. Now we have to click to go online for the content and if you have multiple notifications it's hard to see the difference so you end up having to click all the links to check the content online. This takes a lot of extra time compared to being able to read and search the notification content directly in your mailbox.

Since it was unclear if this should be a post in the Water Cooler or an Idea, I'm posting a link to my Idea here: ​​​Show the content of a product update notification in the notification email again

• 2.  RE: Product notification emails

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 02, 2020 03:50 PM
    @Michiel Helder   I've gotten a few of these messages and passed them on to the support business team to review.   They are reviewing incoming feedback.   The initial requirements were to build the new notification as it stands with a link back to the content which can be updated.   Thanks for the note.   Jason

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 3.  RE: Product notification emails

Posted Nov 04, 2020 03:14 AM
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for the update. Last week we received the monthly notification for the Layer 7 gateway platform patches. Unfortunately the mail again didn't have any relevant content. It was the same as last months' which i posted in the Idea thread. I didn't contain even the product name of the name of the patch. Simply a release announcement with a link to the online content. I believe this part of the issue should be easy to fix even in the current setup. Whoever is sending out these notifications should be instructed to at least include a title which describes what it is about.

Next step would be the request to add more content to the email again so it can be searched in a mailbox instead of having to open every link to find the content you are looking for.

Thanks,
    Michiel

• 4.  RE: Product notification emails

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 09, 2020 10:48 PM
    Agreed.  @Michiel Helder@Steve Desaulnier - I will bring it up internally as a training issue regarding including more info in the title.  I've seen a few that were not written with the correct info in order to communicate what the actual content is about.    Thanks for the note.   ~jm​​

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT