The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  @-replies still horribly broken

Posted Jul 03, 2020 06:09 AM
    Is the purpose of the @-reply function just to annoy users and waste their time?

​​

• 2.  RE: @-replies still horribly broken

Posted Jul 06, 2020 04:56 AM

• 3.  RE: @-replies still horribly broken

Posted Jul 22, 2020 04:30 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Jul 22, 2020 05:07 AM
    @Jason McClellan

On my end, I can now watch the "at" mention feature slowly die. It's fascinating to watch. When I type the "at" character recently, everything freezes and I can select from the list, but it takes about a minute before it reacts to the next typed letter and starts narrowing down the list at all.

It seems pretty evident to me that you guys are just pumping more and more accounts into this and the software the company selected for the task is barely coping. I recon it's only a matter of time until this fully breaks.

The effect might be delayed for you if you have a lower latency or are not forced to use a proxy, but many of your clients will not have that luxury.

Just my $0.02.

(edit: grammar, typo)

------------------------------
    The totally unofficial Automic forum FAQ:

https://pastebin.com/raw/Nd7Ny6kb

• 4.  RE: @-replies still horribly broken

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 22, 2020 02:05 PM
    @Carsten Schmitz  - the issue of trying to dynamically lookup all members in realtime is tough often reacting with an odd overlay is also happening for tags.   It uses a similar live query in the backend.    On the tag issue - I take responsibility for having too many tags mixed up in the system from a Brocade, CA, and Symantec migration.  My cleanup project has not been started partly due to a discussion about how tags are used  re-org across all platforms.   Treading water on that one.

Both of these have been mentioned to the product team as pain points.   The at mention issues irritates me as well when I at mention community users I know and odd choices appear or the fact you need to know there is a space between first name and last name.​​     The Community team is always working behind the scenes asking for improvements and what we feel are bug fixes.

Jason

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 5.  RE: @-replies still horribly broken

Posted Jul 23, 2020 04:04 AM
    > The at mention issues irritates me as well when I at mention community
    > users I know and odd choices appear or the fact you need to know there
    > is a space between first name

Cheers for that! Sometimes it's good to know what the powers in charge are in fact aware of the same issues we see "in the field".

Best,