The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Wolken Case Management displays login page twice.

Posted Feb 05, 2020 10:51 AM
    For the past couple of weeks, the Wolken Case Management site has displayed the login page twice. That is, after logging in once, the same page is displayed a second time. The second login always works OK.

• 2.  RE: Wolken Case Management displays login page twice.

Posted Feb 06, 2020 04:33 AM
    It redirects to the Okta page, displays the message Authenticating user, and then redirects back to the login page.

• 3.  RE: Wolken Case Management displays login page twice.

Posted Feb 10, 2020 04:53 AM
    This problem persists today. The changes rolled out over the weekend did not fix this problem.
    Ping @Jason McClellan.
    ​​​

• 4.  RE: Wolken Case Management displays login page twice.

Posted Feb 10, 2020 05:24 AM
    When Broadcom took over CA, we had that too, and we had a colleague who was stuck in a "please login, oh you are now logged out" loop that only got resolved after I got really really persistent somewhere at CA over the phone. God knows how many seldomly used accounts were/are stuck in such states that only get resolved on a one-by-one basis once someone makes a lot of noise.

Yet they still manage to make it worse and it's often times different for every one, and sometimes not even the same problem on repeat attempts. It's simply overboiling complexity.

My mileage as of five minutes ago:

• went to support.ca.com (hey, I'm old!)
    • accepted the invalid cert
    • got redirected to some page where it looked like I was logged in
    • looked arround for a while, found some links to support
    • got a new page, where it looks like I am not logged in
    • looked arround some more, found Enterprise Software support
    • selected "Automic One Automation" from a text box
    • page hang loading for a minute!
    • page eventually loaded
    • got redirected to https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/auth-sso
    • Staring at "authenticating the user" spinning wheel for the last five minutes
    • end result: as of now, can't login to support at all.

Queue the moment where they'll want to close my tickets again lest I comment on them.

This is simply unsuitable, sub par and actually infuriating. Every few days Broadcom changes old CA stuff arround and constantly breaks stuff. They either need to test stuff to make sure it works, or make a painful cut and get rid of all the legacy redirect/cookie/SSO-passing trail.

Br,

• 5.  RE: Wolken Case Management displays login page twice.

Posted Feb 10, 2020 05:26 AM
    Actually, it took 25 minutes to send this post because I got distracted.

"Authenticating the user" is still spinning.

• 6.  RE: Wolken Case Management displays login page twice.

Posted Feb 11, 2020 05:08 PM
    Just to throw one more name into the hat, I also get the "have to log in twice" behavior. But to add to the experience, every time the login expires, I have to request a new "authenticate this user" email code. Seems excessive when most companies are satisfied with periodically authenticating the device doing the access.