The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Community Members On-Boarding Instructions - 8/29/18

Community Manager
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 09:12 AM

All Community Members,

As of 8/29/18, The Broadcom Ethernet Switch Community is now the Broadcom Community. All community forums will be available under the domain https://community.broadcom.com.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of our Ethernet Switch Community Members. The Brocade Community launched way back in 2003 so you will see many users who have been contributing to the forums for over a decade.

Below are instructions to assist you in resetting your password and reconnecting with any content you created on https://community.broadcom.com. All of your content, profile and engagements have been migrated.

On-boarding Steps:

1. Go to https://my.brocade.com/wps/portal/forgotpassword and enter your email address you used to login on the Ethernet Community.
    2. An email will be sent to you email address with a temp password and link.
    3. Click on the link and enter your password.
    4. A new password screen will pop up - please choose a secure password with at least 8 characters including a letter and number.
    5. After choosing a new password the mybrocade portal home page will load, click on the community icon on the right.
    6. You have successfully migrated your account to the new platform.
    7. If you have any general questions, please post them on the Info and Feedback Forum or send me a private message at @Jason McClellan

Links

Ethernet Community Forums and their new landing spots:

-- Ethernet Community Forum

-- Ethernet Community Docs and Downloads

To assist with the transition, please do not hesitate to post your questions on the Info and Feedback Forum in the Community. I will be happy to answer your questions and ensure you are onboarded quickly.

Thank you

Jason McClellan @Jason McClellan
    Brocade Community Manager

#TheWaterCooler
    #onboarding
    #migration

• 2.  Re: Community Members On-Boarding Instructions - 8/29/18

Posted Sep 05, 2018 09:37 AM

Something rather confusing here is WHY is it referred to as BOTH Brocade Communities and Broadcom Communities??

When you login into Brocade Communities like you outlined, the page comes up Broadcom Communities.

?????

Oh ... and there's the MY MyBrocade as well.

#TheWaterCooler

• 3.  Re: Community Members On-Boarding Instructions - 8/29/18

Community Manager
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 09:57 AM

Great question @GCSimmonsJr -  I'll try to explain without adding confusion.

As you may or may not know Broadcom has a customer portal MyBroadcom which services customers downloads and documentation. 

MyBrocade, a legacy platform is set to transition to MyBroadcom and its single sign on system soon.   

Last week, we migrated the Compute and Connectivity Ethernet Switch Forums from a legacy forum platform to the newer platform the Brocade Community uses called Lithium to start unifying all of the Broadcom Forums under one platform.  I know its confusing.

The bottom line is we cannot make the switch entirely to the URL community.broadcom.com until later this year when we unify all of the technologies to use the future state single sign on system. 

If you have any other questions, please private message me at @Jason McClellan

Thanks

Jason

Community Manager

#TheWaterCooler