The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Community / Discussions layout

Posted Jun 06, 2019 10:24 AM
    Hi - welcome back!

I know its all "new" so feel free to ignore me for a while, but is there any user-configurable options to the layout of this site?

I'm particularly interested in configuring the "Discussions" list-view of threads to reduce the vast amounts of "white space" that get presented, and also the thread-view itself which has a l lot of (IMHO) wasted space.

(I think that the display of the thread "tags" causes the most issues in the Discussions list-view, whereas in the thread-view its the avatar display that forces short reply to be far larger than they need to be that offends me somewhat!)

Dave. (never happy am I?)  ;)

• 2.  RE: Community / Discussions layout

Posted Jun 06, 2019 11:58 AM
    Hi Dave - Thank you for the feedback. Anything a user can do to change their view is in the training/FAQ's. I suspect the empty space is there to support the mobile view. We'll pass the feedback onto the vendor. Regards, Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Community / Discussions layout

Posted Jun 07, 2019 10:11 AM
    ​Hi all,

I'm a little lost on this new community.  I'm unsure how to find all my previous ideas I've raised and all my queries and suggestions I've made over the years.

Is this still transferring from the old site?

I'm also struggling to find where to download probes as the old support.nimsoft.com site has been decomissioned.

Regards,
    Sam

• 4.  RE: Community / Discussions layout

Posted Jun 07, 2019 12:24 PM
    Hi Sam - There is a training video on the main page of the Water Cooler for Ideas. You might check that out. All Ideas have been migrated. Regards, Chris

Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: Community / Discussions layout

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2019 07:42 PM
    Hi Sam,
    If you click on your profile picture and choose any of the 3 options "Profile", "Communities", or "unread" email it takes you to your "Home" page where you can use the "My contributions" drop-down to see your migrated data.
    Hope that helps
    Regards,
    Lynn

Senior Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Community / Discussions layout

Posted Jun 12, 2019 10:17 AM
    ​Perfect! Thanks Lynn.

Are the ideas we have posted over the years available also?

There's a few I've been tracking for progress and would like to be able to continue checking their progress.

Regards,
    Sam

• 7.  RE: Community / Discussions layout

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2019 06:52 PM
    Hi Sam,
    Yes ideas from the old Communities have been migrated over and are in the separate Ideation section.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Lynn

Senior Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 8.  RE: Community / Discussions layout

Posted Jun 12, 2019 10:19 AM
    ​Apologies, just read Chris' response! I'll try and find them and check out that video too.

Thank you!
    Sam