The Water Cooler

View Only

How to make "static" content? Like old Announcements?

• 1.  How to make "static" content? Like old Announcements?

Posted Jun 20, 2014 08:03 AM

Hello Everyone,

In the old Communities, we had some content that we always wanted our users to be able to find within the CA Service Desk Manager "Message Board."

We addressed by making "sticky threads" that stayed at the top of the Message Board. For example:

• "Posting Suggestions" thread on how to create new posts
    • Using the "Chat" feature on the Support website
    • Hyperfix announcement
    • Upcoming release announcement
    • etc

What is the equivalent in the new Communities?

My desire is that when users come into the CA Service Management Place, they see these key "Discussions" flagged.

Or if it is CA Service Desk Manager category specific, that when they go to that Category, they get the appropriate "sticky threads" in an easily findable place.

At the moment, I've worked around this by putting an Announcement at the top of the page, with a link to one Discussion that I'm linking everything else to. I've only made the Announcement last a week though, so it is a temporary measure. (And we'll want to use that Annoucement function for other announcements...).

I've tried "featured content" - but that makes things featured on my profile page only.

Suggestions? (There are heaps of ways the page could be customised, if it came to it.)

Thanks, Kyle_R.