This weekend, the CA Communities will be implementing some upgrades. With this comes a new optimized look, feel, and layout for all the basic content types. While we teased this back in February (Tech Specs: New Features Coming with the 2016.1 Upgrade) they are coming for real this weekend. Below you can see a quick highlight of the changes, along with screenshots.
NEW CONTENT TYPE: Questions
- Questions and Discussions will be separated.
- Questions are a new content type aimed at limiting the number of discussions accidentally entered as questions and visa versa.
- This new content type will allow for quicker filtering of answered and unanswered questions in the content sections.
Discussions have a new look and feel.
- Discussions will look more like blog posts with the author's avatar featured prominently above the main content.
- When creating a discussion, users will no longer see the option to mark this discussion as a question..
- The Edit and Share buttons, as well as the Actions menu, have moved to the top ribbon of the discussion; you'll no longer see these options in the right sidebar.
- The idea score is centered along with a display of voters and how they voted.
- The Edit and Share buttons, as well as the Actions menu, have moved to the top ribbon of the idea; you'll no longer see these options in the right sidebar.
- Voting has been changed from arrows to "Vote up" and "Vote down" buttons.
- The date, time, and location information is now located above the event description.
- The Edit and Share buttons and the Actions menu have moved to the top ribbon of the event. The Like and Comment buttons have been moved to the top section of the event, under the event title. The Add to calendar option is in the Actions menu. You'll no longer see these menus and options in the right sidebar.
- Invitees will respond by selecting a Yes, No, or Maybe button under the date, time, and location information.
- You can view RSVP responses, and the avatars of your connections who were invited, by toggling between the Going, Not Going, Maybe, and Not Responded buttons.
- The event description will now display under the RSVP responses.
- Events are now color-coded based on event type in place calendars, and you can change event type color assignment.
Additional content types will be receiving updates as well. Including blogs, polls, videos and more. The content above offers you a quick sneak peek of what to expect.