Happy Halloween. If you want to stay safe for the holidays, make sure you put your PPM house in order. Here are seven eternal project portfolio management pains that suddenly can afflict any organization:
- Running around looking for project timelines, resources, and budget data.
- Problems, such as staff reallocation, conflicting priorities, budget overrun, take too long to resolve.
- Can't track resource capacity, leaving staff either overcommitted or underutilized.
- Without knowing the skill sets, it is hard to effectively hire, train and forecast head counts.
- Mistakes are made when the project team takes actions without financial consultation.
- Can't compare planned, forecast and actual time spent on projects.
- Too time-consuming to update and share different types of financial reports manually.
Learn how to survive the evil curses of managing projects, people and budgets.